Protecting the Jihadists : Swingers Discussion 218502101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsProtecting the Jihadists
TOPIC: Protecting the Jihadists
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
How council for a defendant proceeds in the defense is none of anyone's business. His job is to provide the best defense possible and that includes the jury selection process.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Both council and the prosecution can ask that a certain number of jurors be dismissed for a good reason, bad reason or no reason.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
A judge understands that the lawyer in this case, is a mere money chaser mongrel with no morals. But would not accept his answer? why? because quite frankly the lawyer has no clue what the interest of other Jews is.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
That's not hard, actually. A defense lawyer has a totally different set of interests than a juror.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17683 posts)
I'm pointing out that, a smart judge would have the same question as I have. If I were a judge, I'd ask him why is it that he can think of himself as a Jews who can be neutral enough, but thinks differently of other Jews.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
Sed,

His argument is odd. My point exactly. He likely has no reasonable arguments so he's reaching for unreasonable ones. What *else* is he going to do?

I certainly don't envy people who are hired as lawyers to defend monsters like Timothy McVeigh or Jeffrey Dahmer. It's a very thankless job, one which brings much more vitriol than usually is fair to bring. But someone has to do it. To attack the lawyer for reaching for the crappy tools they have kicking around the bottom of their very empty tool box is not very meaningful. Better to attack the court that acquits based on said crappy tools.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17683 posts)
"My wife turns down clients all the time."

Nice.... Very nice.... {Borat voice}

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(2083 posts)
Well, Cohn is Jewish, his argument seems odd. If he can be neutral enough to do his job, why couldn't other Jewish jurors be as well?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
"They are not there to serve justice, exactly, they are there to serve their clients to the best of their ability, even if it means reaching for ridiculous defense strategies. "

Yeah, remember Cape Fear -- the convicted guy didn't think his lawyer tried hard enough. And there would be Hell to pay. But seriously, if the perp is clearly guilty, the prosecution should overcome any defense.

I find it amusing to see what angle they can come up with. When Mike Tyson was up for rape, his team argued something like: "Look at my client; he's clearly got no more brains or class than a wild animal. Anyone going to his hotel room at night had to know they were gonna get mauled".

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
My wife turns down clients all the time.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Protecting the Jihadists