Professor Bans Fox News As Source : Swingers Discussion 2171971021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsProfessor Bans Fox News As Source
TOPIC: Professor Bans Fox News As Source
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
"The decay of our education system must have become worst than I thought."

Even worser.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I took 8 scourses in my freshman year of college.

A scourse is a scourse, of scourse, of scourse.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19938 posts)
So to put it bluntly, I am surprised that a community college was able to do what I just said, but a university can't?

The decay of our education system must have become worst than I thought.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7617 posts)
1) this is one reason why our colleges are also beginning to fall behind... They are forced to obey te public when it comes to what they can and cannot teach and how they teach it.

2) all teachers in a college ought to be allowed to teach as they feel, subject only to the opinions of their peers and drop out rate. (too many students drop their class and the school if they aren't refunded their money for that one class, due to that one teacher)

Why? Because placing stupid or seemingly stupid limitations forces people who use one or two scourses, to find others. My english teacher had a policy of disallowing the repeat use of any one scourse and banned Wikipedia out right. Also you had to have three scourses varifying the primary scourse.

So for one piece if information, you expended 4 scourses. (the primary, and then three supporting scourses) further they couldn't be quoting or obtaining the information from the same primary scourse. So if secondary a) obtained their information from secondary b) or primary, you couldn't use it and you had zero scourses for that artical... Which was an instant failure for the assignment.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7617 posts)
In Class At West Liberty University, Then Rescinds Ban

"Stephanie Wolfe, a political science professor at West Liberty University in West Virginia, is walking back a ban on using Fox News as a source for a class assignment, Inside Higher Ed is reporting.

Local television stations initially reported that Wolfe, who is filling in for another faculty member on leave, distributed a syllabus for an unspecified course that, according to Fox News, reads:

DO NOT use

1) The Onion -- this is not news this is literally a parody

2) Fox News -- The tagline "Fox News" makes me cringe. Please do not subject me to this biased news station. I would almost rather you print off an article from the Onion

WTOV9 reports parents began contacting local media and the university to complain that the policy was unfair.

Dave Bloomquist, a radio host at WWVA-AM, said he received complaints from parents via email [the segment begins at approximately the 31-minute mark]. When Bloomquist reached out to Wolfe, she insisted it was only a suggestion not to use Fox News.

Since the backlash, Wolfe has reversed course and will allow students to use Fox News as part of the assignment. (No word on whether The Onion has gotten the okay.)"

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16887 posts)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16887 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: Professor Bans Fox News As Source