Problematic Patriotism In America: A Proposed Solution : Swingers Discussion 245143
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsProblematic Patriotism In America: A Proposed Solution
TOPIC: Problematic Patriotism In America: A Proposed Solution
Created by: Z_Z_Krewe
Original Starting post for this thread:
***News From The Hill***

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del) called Sunday for the Obama administration to move unilaterally to stop companies from shifting their legal addresses overseas to reduce their taxes.

The Obama administration is weighing executive action to tamp down on the practice, known as “inversion,” which is currently legal but has come under fire from critics who say it is unpatriotic.

“I have a problem with a mostly American company using a tax loophole to avoid paying their fair share,” Coons said on "Fox News Sunday." “In the absence of congressional action, I do thing Treasury will step up and do something to stop the bleeding.”

But congressional action is exactly what’s needed to deal with the issue, countered former Michigan Gov. John Engler (R), president of the Business Roundtable.

Engler said inversion is a symptom of the greater problem of an outdated tax code that must be addressed. He said recent angst over inversion should serve as an impetus for Congress to act on major tax reform legislation.

He called on Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) “to get in a room” over the current August recess and hammer out a deal.

“We can have something ready to go when we get back,” Engler said. “Lets not spend the time at Treasury trying to come up with little fixes, when we’ve got an opportunity to improve the competitiveness of the United States.”

[What will America's oligarchy do about this? Demand a reprise of the Boehner Boys Choir One-note vote score?]

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 130   End
User Details are only visible to members.
~Inequities exist in the American economy, as in the world, because of lack of opportunity or preparation for work requirements. However, when a class of citizens is given an opportunity to completely avoid and escape responsibility to its government, principles of equality and justice are extended to one class only. It would be illuminating to read the opinion of one conswervative swinger based on a section of the Constitution which is believed to grant the CEO of any company to receive a royal title and its privileges which permit this expatriate act.~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6983 posts)
42K from only working 40 hours. again, 8.25/hr is a barista, only a fool would aspire to be a barista unless they worked for benefits only.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1250 posts)
42k? that is starting wages for working 50 to 60 hours a week.

As for the 8.25 USD an hour, guess what? That still has you on the social welfare system, more so if you have kids. So again, it is much too low.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Robert, starbucks in wilkes barre average is 8.25/HR for baristas, the assistant manager will make ~ $28-30K, the manager at ~$40-42K. the manager absolutely does not need to have any more education than a high school diploma. that is a fairly decent living wage in your area. the same goes for the starbucks in wavertown.

im sure mcdonalds is the same

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1250 posts)
Oh 60k is very much a living wage, but you said the employee you interviewed claimed to make twice that. So either he's a liar, the three websites are liars, or you are imbellishing something.

Either way, the statements or commands to work harder are bullshit. You the employer class do have risen the minimum bar so high that there is no more room to work harder, much less you do not pay a wage commanding such work.

At minimum wage, be thankful that the employees aren't sabotaging the equipment, poisoning the costumers, and burning the stores down. Because that is what poverty wage employers deserve.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
I'm sure that is spot on there Robert. Good job, the performance bonus for most stores like that are usually about equal to the salary and I never said he was let go. I said I interviewed him.

You don't consider $60k a living wage?

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Too much:

Sense you either have a hard time doing research, and your perspective employee is a liar, or you may want to see why he left a job where he was paid 66% more than the average managers pay.

Here are three websites with cracker barrel's pay scales, no one ever come within 60k, muchness 125k. So either he was let go for some large mistake (harassment, or theft), or you are dealing with a liar.

Either way, you cannot get a managers position without a college degree, or a lot of manager experience, which in most places requires a college degree.

ht tp://w ww.glassdoor.co m/Salary/Cracker-Barrel-Salaries-E1308.htm

ht tp://ww w.payscale.c om/research/US/Employer=Cracker_Barrel_Old_Country_Store/Salary

ht tp://ww w.myjobapps.co m/cracker-barrel-manager-salary/

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Funny the guy I interviewed a few years ago who was a manager at Cracker Barrel was making around $125k including bonuses. I would consider that a living wage.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Gf:

No, I am not wrong.

I either have friends and family working or have worked the jobs I listed.

McDonald's is a place where a friend of mine works, she cannot get promoted, because she holds no managerial skills. No college and no previous manager positions. So she has already reached the peak she can, one step above burger flipper and two below store manager. She holds no authority, and never will, not without college skills that would have had her a manager from day one.

My sister works turkey hill, again, she is in the same position as my friend. She has reached the peak within the company, and requires a bachelors in business to get a 10 dollar am hour job.

My mother had reached the peak in both turkey hill and sheets. In both cases, she was denied further advancement without a bachelors in business.

I have worked giant food, as has a number of friends I had. Again, no manager positions exist, unless you have a bachelors degree. The highest you can possibly obtain, is assistant manager, and those positions are kept by others who have worked by people who have been working the positions (entry) for the last 20 years.

Walmart? Three friends and a aunt. Same deal as above.

Factories? My father worked a number of factories, and the few upward positions which existed, required that productivity rise... The problem is once productivity rose, accident began to happen and people either died, or were seriously wounded. My father watched three men lose either fingers or hands, working machines made in the 1920s. Machines the company would not replace with better, safer machines. My father almost lost his own hand, working a 16 hour shift.

After that, he made a few changes, starting with becoming involved in the union, and in time becoming the union president in the factory. He had no problem calling OCEA when the employers tried to push productivity over safety. He had them, and higher union on speed dial. The union lawyer knew my father by name, not because my father was a ass, but because the bosses failed in their obligation to protect their workers from harm and demanded work over safety.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
wow, you are wrong

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1250 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 130   End
TOPIC: Problematic Patriotism In America: A Proposed Solution