President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate : Swingers Discussion 2104801041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPresident Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate
TOPIC: President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Under the Tea Party bus, life is reduced to eating scraps of crust, pepperoni, and fear messages to the limbic brain.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6815 posts)
True consevatives blamed Bush for Plenty. And he had plenty of help and this cock sucker in the white house was a part of it. He Holds as much responsiblity as Bush does. Obama was a US Senator.They all did this to our Nation. Congress all of them dem and rep. Washington needs new blood.

The only one who hasnt had a hand in this fucking disaster is Mitt Romney.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"It is all you have Fun...Your boy is done. Get over it."

Deflection from what I said, but you might be right about the election. We'll know soon enough. 

As for Obama being my "boy," it's sort of funny that my criticisms of him are more serious indictments than a lot of the trash conservatives throw out. I've ended up spending more time here correcting the made-up and piss-ant stuff y'all dream up, than talking about the things he actually did and is really responsible for. 

I remember one of my first posts here in the political threads last year, pretty critical of Obama for substantive and valid reasons. But because it also had a reference to the mess he inherited, conservatives could do nothing more than scoff at the notion that Bush could be blamed for anything. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
This has gotten rather silly, but I'll play along a while longer and try to get some clarity:

Lucky keeps falsely insisting that there was some specific "promise" that the stimulus would bring unemployment down to 5.8% by now. He fabricated a quote to that effect and attributed it to Obama, which I called him on. 

It would have been easy for anyone interested in honesty to join me in saying that fabricating a falsehood is wrong. Or, for that matter, to just leave it alone. 

Instead, you jumped in with a "correction" limited to the source of Lucky's lie, not the lie itself. I took your post as otherwise agreeing that Romer's paper was a specific promise of 5.8% unemployment, largely because you previously have described it precisely that way. 

So, what exactly are you now saying? Are you denying that you ever mischaracterized Romer's preliminary paper as a promise to achieve a specific unemployment rate? Or admitting that you've said that, but now retract it? Or, are you asserting that Romer's paper concretely promised a specific unemployment rate?

I credit you with enough sense to know the difference between a specific promise and a roughly estimated effect on an unknown baseline. 

Can you clarify in your own words what you think is so significant about that Romer paper that it merits your repeated references to it?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
""First, declaring victory for with faulty logic is just stupid and childish. If he wins you look like a 10 year old."

Not sure I was completely awake when I wrote that. Redux:

First, declaring victory for Romney in a close race like this based on the flavor of the day is riddled with faulty, stupid and childish. If Obama wins it makes you look like a 10 year old.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3508 posts)
"It makes we wonder what Jesus would say,..."

Wasn't there a thread named that once? Should there be?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3508 posts)
"First, declaring victory for with faulty logic is just stupid and childish. If he wins you look like a 10 year old."

Romney may win, but no mattet who wins it will be a close call. BubaGump Crawfish has predicted that Romney will win in a landslide and AFT even went so far to say that Romney will win all 50 states something that I do not believe has ever happened since there were 50 states or even 48. So you are correct Ghost even if he does win they will still look stupid. What is it with the mindset of the Right anyway? In my area we have a religious nut who posts weekly if not more to our local paper editorial page and he also predicts a Romney landslide, He claims to be a man of god, yet refers to the Left as "ilk". It makes we wonder what Jesus would say, assuming he actually existed.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
"The 5.8% unemployment figure comes from Christina Romer,Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers in the Obama administration, in 'The Job impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan' (stimulus)"

There is nothing False, our half true in the above statement no matter how much SPIN Douche-Ahoy tries to put on it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16724 posts)
Clarify what you're saying. Are you denying that you've characterized the Romer paper as a "promise" of reaching a specific unemployment rate? Or admitting that you've done so but asserting that your characterization is accurate? Both are false; I just want to know which one needs shooting down.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
I ask "What statement of mine are talking about dufus?"

And dufus still hasn't posted a statement.. .... just his unending SPIN!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16724 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 153   End
TOPIC: President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate