President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate : Swingers Discussion 2104801021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPresident Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate
TOPIC: President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Nah, 'tis but a flesh wound.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
"And as amusing as it's been to watch you make a complete fool of yourself time after time, I think it's past time for me to put you in the category with Robert as someone incapable of any productive discussion. Cheers."

ouch!

THAT'S going to leave a mark...

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
"YOu're still a scumbag, and not too bright."

or

"I'm perfectly comfortable with people reading these threads and drawing their own conclusions."

As stark a difference as between progressives and conservatives IMHO

Of course they parade out their best and best trained to run for the White House so perf is a simplistic example....

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
"YOu're still a scumbag, and not too bright." 

Yeah, YOU selectively copy and paste part of an article, pass it off as your own, deny posting it, and impugn my memory for recalling it correctly. But I'm the dimwitted scumbag. My bad. 

Look, Perf, I like a challenging discussion as much as anyone does. But constant deflection from core issues to quibble about insignificant tangents (remember your diversion into obscure "impoundments?") is not very productive. You seem more intent on just arguing for the sake of arguing, about any detail, than anything else. I can listen to Monty Python's Argument Clinic for that. 

Trying to nail jello to the wall isn't my idea of fun, and when you can't respond to simple and straightforward questions with any better response than "douchebag" or similar, it just tells me you're not up to my expectations of a worthy debate opponent. 

I know there are other sides to my arguments, and it's mentally stimulating and informative to be challenged. But not by someone who can't even bring himself to admit such basics as the power of a presidential veto, when confronted with multiple real-world examples of vetoes (and even the mere threat of vetoes) substantially affecting policy. 

It's sort of funny that a few times recently I've intentionally omitted a few things that would have taken some gloss off the point I was making. I did it as an experiment, just to see if you were able to spot a potential weakness in my argument which should have occurred to any well-informed person with good cognitive skills. You weren't. You just picked some insignificant tangent to run off after and bicker about. If you aren't able to challenge my thoughts even as well as I can myself, why should I bother?

I do confess to having enjoyed your amusing irony, especially all your imputations of dishonest debate toward everyone but yourself. But that amusement wanes after awhile, and I can still enjoy it to myself without pointing it out to you, especially when you don't catch on anyway. 

So keep strutting around as if you're brilliant and incapable of error if you want to. I might call bullshit once in awhile, or issue an irony alert. But I've got better things to do than waste time on the clueless. Maybe you can help Fj battle it out with Robert over the important issues of the day. 

Now, I'll give you the last word on this so you can insist, again, how you've kicked my ass all over the forums. I'm perfectly comfortable with people reading these threads and drawing their own conclusions. 

Cheers. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
So I wonder if Douche-Ahoy would talk down to Mr. Stevenson about his lack of understanding of the Romer Report.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"Here's the salient part of the article you chose to leave out: "

Again, you're assuming I disagree with that. Yes, the stimulus was a short term fix, but probably did as much harm as good in the long run.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I didn't quote it. That's my mistake, one I seldom make. That was written my Robert Stevenson of the NY Times. "Mr. Stevenson joined The Times in 1985 as a business reporter, and went on to become a correspondent in the Los Angeles and London bureaus. He has been based in Washington since 1996, where he was chief economic correspondent and White House correspondent before becoming an editor."

So now you know they're not my words, it explains why I had no recollection of them.

YOu're still a scumbag, and not too bright.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
One final point, now that you've disclosed that the words you passed off as your own actually came from an article: You left out an important part of the article. It's not the first time you've engaged in selective quotes to leave a misleadingly incomplete impression, but I doubt you would remember any of those or, for that matter, acknowledge them.

Here's the salient part of the article you chose to leave out:

"While the report seriously underestimated the severity of the recession and therefore the job losses the nation would suffer in 2009, it was proven right in its basic point that the stimulus plan would yield substantial job-creation compared to doing nothing. In other words, it was correct in projecting a significant, positive impact on jobs from the stimulus spending, but wrong in its assumptions of the depths of the job-loss hole the stimulus was trying to fill."

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
"Those aren't MY words you fucking moron. That's a quote from the NY Times.

Give me the thread I posted that in and I'm pretty sure you'll see quotes around it.

You are disgusting, liar, and a total piece of shit."

Nope. No quotation marks. No reference to any source supposedly quoted from. If that's the case, you need to go back and study your own rules for "honest debate" regarding plagiarism. (I read recently that Fareed Zakaria should have no credibility due to his plagiarism, but that rule might not apply to you since you're entitled to an exception for conservatives).

The funniest irony is that you posted that in a thread you created, the title of which asked if there are any "honest liberals" out there. (Scroll down 79 days ago). I can't make this shit up.

And as amusing as it's been to watch you make a complete fool of yourself time after time, I think it's past time for me to put you in the category with Robert as someone incapable of any productive discussion. Cheers.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
Let me fix this for you..........

"Note THE TIMES characterization of the paper as "quite specific" and as a "promised" unemployment rate. "

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself?" To expose your true character, actually you lack of character.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 153   End
TOPIC: President Obama vs Pretender Romney: 3rd Y2012 Debate