President Obama Couldn't Eat At Meeting Because He Didn't Have Taster : Swingers Discussion 218871101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPresident Obama Couldn't Eat At Meeting Because He Didn't Have Taster
TOPIC: President Obama Couldn't Eat At Meeting Because He Didn't Have Taster
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
President Obama Couldn't Eat At Meeting Because He Didn't Have Taster

By Ashley Davis, Fri, March 15, 2013 When President Barack Obama went to the Hill this week to meet with the GOP, he refused to eat dinner with the conservatives because he did not have his taster with him to determine if the food was poisonous.

The menu of lobster, potato chips and blueberry pie on Thursday was not enjoyed by the president, as he didn’t know if it was safe to eat or not.

As Senators ate their delicious meals, Obama “looked longingly at it,” according to Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins.

Collins was in charge of organizing the meeting, which was held in the Lyndon B. Johnson Room off the Senate chamber. She decided to make the menu center upon her home state’s delicacies.

She said it included, “University of Maine recipe for healthy lobster salad - I pointed that out to the president in keeping with the first lady’s initiatives and Fox Family Potato CHips made in Aroostook County where I’m from and wild blueberry pie full of antioxidants.”

“We did have a little ice cream on the pie too, also made in Maine, Gifford’s Ice Cream. So in all seriousness this was well received.”

While everyone else enjoyed the food, the president had to practice his self control by watching others chow down.

“Apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over,” Collins said.

“He did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

Details about the president’s security service have been kept secret, but it has long been speculated that he travels with a food taster.

The meeting marks the third day of meetings with members of Congress to discuss how to find a common ground on the budget dilemma.

“I think we’ve had good conversations. But ultimately it’s a matter of the House and Senate, both caucuses getting together and being willing to compromise,” the president said of the meetings. “We’ll see what we can do.”

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
For the food to be safe for him wouldn't the tester have to recycle the food after eating it?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19316 posts)
Yet another outbreak of Obama skin pigment derangement syndrome

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I'd take the job but I like pork. Don't like goat,so just could not do it no matter the pay.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I really didn't know potus had tasters.I knew kings did,despot,dictors,junta did,but the potus,goes to show what I know.maybe the ss is not as trusting as we think or should be.......bs

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
This is sillier than that. This has to do with the office of the President, not the President himself.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
It's right up there with "He uses a teleprompter!" and "His wife wears designer clothes to big events!" as one more thing certain types of people can whine about.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Wait -

Wouldn't watching all the Senators eat (and not die) count for anything?

It must suck to be dependent on a taster. By the time you know your food isn't going to kill you, it's 30 minutes old. No sizzling fajitas for you, Mr. President.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
This simply sounds like poor planning on the part of his security entourage. I don't really see the political angle here.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
not dog.dog is consider a de lect i .I don't think he has that much class.maybe cat,don't like cat,it taste kinda fuzzy,it makes me want to lick my arms later.futooowwww demand hair balls........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I hear dog, but maybe it is dog shit...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19316 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: President Obama Couldn't Eat At Meeting Because He Didn't Have Taster