Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 198  Next »
21 to 30 of 1977
User Details are only visible to members.
"People vote against things, not for things. "

I want to agree with you, but I can't, at least not very much. If that were true we wouldn't see such a high rate of incumbents being reelected. People want to vote FOR something, even if it's superficial and simply noisy.

Case in point is the 2004 election, and to a lesser extent 2012. In 2004 the country was plenty prepared to fire GWB, provided they were given a suitable alternative. They were not. The Democrats ran on a "Bush sucks" platform and they lost. If voting against someone was all it took then 2004 and probably 2012 would have not gone the way they had.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
A Trump/Sanders ticket will never happen. Trump is everything that Sanders based his campaign on. If Bernie did that, he would alienate most of his supporters.

I'm going with my own conventional wisdom. People vote against things, not for things.

Every time Trump opens his mouth, he pisses someone off. He will continue to do this and he will lose...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19916 posts)
Maybe we can get Trump to build a new Hedonism in South Florida. That way no flying, just drive there.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
Trump is not really a republican but a masterful tactician in looking for opportunities outside the box.

PREDICTION ----- Trump asks Bernie Sanders to be his VP thus securing a large number of democrat and independent voters as well. The numbers alone defeat Hillary in November leaving Trump to basically give Bernie some leeway on domestic issues while he tackles big ones, like where he can make more money on real estate he just used the military to obtain for him.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(43 posts)
When Bernie Sanders quits the nomination race he will pocked the $45 million in donations.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
So at this point it seems a near certainty that the election will be Clinton v Trump.

I, and many others, certainly did not see this coming. Some did. Ok. The very nature of predictions is that they are a combination of statistics, precedent and gut feeling, but nothing is perfect. Good guessing, guys.

At this point, I'm hesitant to predict anything. Most predictions say that Clinton will trounce Trump, but I am unable to join in any bandwagons. Who the fuck knows, now. It's not inconceivable to me that Trump could win anyway.

Trump's message is a populist one. Of course, so is Clinton's, but his is louder. I personally can't stand populism - left or right wing - as it is a bunch of gut and id-driven shouting with mostly slogans and emotions to back it up.

Beats the shit out of me as to what will happen in November. My brain tells me that Trump will get creamed, but then I remember that most people don't vote with their brain. So who the fuck knows.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
Esurance got a head start on the annual bacchanal of marketing gimmickry with a commercial announcing that it will begin offering "election insurance" for voters who can't stomach the idea of a certain presidential candidate getting keys to the nuclear codes.

Backed by an overblown patriotic soundtrack, brand spokesman John Krasinski intones about the "modern world evolving" as a horrorstruck family learns the election results and promptly packs all of their belongings into a van.

“Every four years, we hear from countless dissatisfied Americans who threaten to leave the country if the ‘wrong’ candidate is elected into office,” said Alan Gellman, chief marketing officer at Esurance.

“This year, we’re very pleased to announce our newest innovation—Election Insurance. If your preferred candidate loses the election, Esurance will protect your home so you can move out of the country worry free.”

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
Not too bad, HFT. I could live with that. Obie would have no choice. He's probably the one who told Hillary to stand down, and she could black mail him with that info given to the media.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2124 posts)
Sexy, Predictions, Hillary indited, Hillary backs out of race, Biden moves in, Trump is elected, Hillary makes deal pleads guilty, Owebama pardons Hillary in morning of January 20, 2017 and Trump is sworn in.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
Well, if the Cruz birth deal negatively affects him, Trump will go up another 10 points. Also, if, (when) Hillary looses her 387th honesty virginity when the FBI digs thru her emails, look for Joe Biden to re-enter.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2124 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 198  Next »
21 to 30 of 1977
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.