Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 196  Next »
201 to 210 of 1952
User Details are only visible to members.
Well if you meet me then you should call me Dr.

I want to say I am referred to as "Dr" perhaps 5 times a year - only in the most formal of circumstances. I don't know any other scientists who expect it outside of their professional area.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
@VA: My sister is a doctor. She worked long and hard to get those credentials as does anyone who achieves that and I don't find it a hardship or nuisance to address them in that capacity. Obviously, I don't address my sister like that but she earned it and deserves the recognition.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
(Way off topic, I know. Personal beef of mine.)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
I can't stand the insistence on calling people Dr. outside of their professional contexts. If I was speaking to him in his professional capacity he's Dr. Carson. If he's buying groceries he's Ben or Mr. Carson.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
I just finished watching Armstrong Williams who is heading up Ben Carson's campaign. I love him and Dr. Carson is fortunate to have him on his side. Armstrong is straightforward and honest and he admitted that Dr. Carson has to be prepared for the onslaught of fact checking that has just begun. In other words, if he can't stand the heat, he'd better get out of the kitchen.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
I prefer to look at the opinions of voters when I try to discern the craziness of the parties.

By that measure, I think the republicans have the title.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
You might find this amusing. I did.

Apparently "they" issue a survey to congressional staffers - all of them - and ask them to confidentially name the best and worst of Congress. They certainly have a unique viewpoint of members of Congress so it's amusing - everything from the most honest to the best cook to the nicest people. It's interesting. Some of it is not surprising at all; some members of Congress are named that I have never heard of.

washingtonian . com/articles/people/the-best-worst-of-congress-2014/

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
"I know you will disagree with this, but I find that there are currently more batshit crazies on the Republican side than the Democratic side."

I probably don't disagree with it as much as you think. I've really only disagreed with what I perceived was your opinion that Republicans had a near-monopoly on crazy. I think there's plenty to go around in both.

I'm not sure how one would attempt to quantify that. I'd certainly agree that Republican brand crazy is more front and center lately.

It seems to me that *generally* the opposition (to the President) party has seemed like the more crazy one over the last two decades. The party becomes so focused on destroying President Clinton/Bush/Obama that they become a little unhinged at times.

The more loony Democrats right now have been mostly the "little guys" - your Alan Grayson types. Hank Johnson might be the biggest nutcase in the entire federal government but somehow keeps getting re-elected. Probably the only important Democrat who is a ridiculous individual is Harry Reid.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
"I don't disagree with anything you said, but I still think it's a voter problem. Democrats hate Republican liars - to the point of raking over the coals even the slightest misstatement (see: 1855 vs 1865)"

I know you hate being wrong.... But, get used to it, you have a lot of years of living left. YOU wanted to split atoms and do some briliiant deduction that slavery didn't last approx 300 yrs. Every example I made, you cut and pasted the same wise-ass comment that you were referring to United States slavery.

To hold your feet to the fire, I pointed out that your back peddling was silly by reminding you that the US came into existence in 1776, not with English colonies. You got caught in your own bullshit. Telling American ppl that AMERICAN slavery lasted from 1776 to 1855 would make you out to be fucking foolish.

To avoid being wrong, you also said you were not wrong, just didn't mention facts that I gave you. So..... I had to stick your nose in your shit.

But, I guess you're right... Ppl make too much fuss a-boot those meager 79 yrs of African indentured servants and low-wage employees.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2538 posts)
It was poorly written, not badly written...;-)

But OK, I agree. People generally support their preferred candidates, no matter what kind of crazy shit they say.

I know you will disagree with this, but I find that there are currently more batshit crazies on the Republican side than the Democratic side.

But that has changed over time, as well...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 196  Next »
201 to 210 of 1952
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.