Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 196  Next »
191 to 200 of 1952
User Details are only visible to members.
tbr, what is wrong wit seeing OWEBAMA'S collage records if there are any? Your Ph.D, you will be known as, Piled Higher and Deeper asshole.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2128 posts)
Have you all gone looney? All wrapped up in your panties over whether to call a Dr. a Dr.? What the hell is gong on? We are majoring in the sub minor's these days. Another example: all the bullshit about DR. Ben Carson. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! For Christ's Sake! The Guy is a humble mastermind!

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1949 posts)
I really do think it's the whole public interaction aspect. People likely know more "doctors" than they realize.

Whenever you see some research paper or study quoting lead scientists, those scientists are almost always PhDs but nobody takes note of it, probably because the scientists themselves don't think to make note of it when being interviewed.

Mrs VA used to insist on me self-identifying as "Dr." on anything going to our kids' schools, to anyone in government, etc because she felt it would result in my opinion, question or complaint being taken more seriously. Unless I was writing about chemistry or something I never wanted to do so.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
Well, one could make the case that a medical doctor, psychologist, etc. Is a technician, while a Ph.D. is more well rounded, and therefore more deserving of the honorific Dr.

That's funny. My phone autocorrected honorific to house orifice.

When I get my Ph.D.. all you people who call me an ass hole will have to refer to me as Dr. Asshole...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
"I acknowledge hard work and achievement."

In that case I expect you will be referring to me as "Dr. VA" from now on.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
It has been my experience that the only professionals that typically are or wish to be routinely called "Doctor" are those who deal with the public in their professional capacity - medical doctors, psychologists, dentists, etc. and usually college professors (who would typically have the same credentials I do).

MDs (or any "doctors") who want to be called "Dr" outside of formal or professional context are pretentious douchebags IMO. I had one once (I met him in the crowd at a baseball game) correct me when I referred to him by his first name. I then corrected him when he referred to me by mine. He looked offended and said he'd have to see my degree before he'd do so. Wtf! He then also said that PhDs are not "real" doctoral degrees.

Dickhead.

Btw - this has nothing to do with Carson himself. It's everyone else calling him this.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
"They have a policy of not calling anyone doctor unless it is a medical degree... "

I have the same policy, unless it's in a formal setting.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Always fighting the last war...

When I get my doctorate (within the year), I really don't care if people use it or not.

Interestingly, our Provost was profiled in the Chronicle of Higher Education. They have a policy of not calling anyone doctor unless it is a medical degree...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
I'd still like to see Obama's college records

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
@VA: As you said, that's your personal pet peeve shit. I acknowledge hard work and achievement. Others who don't, not saying you, are probably haters or as Jay-Z says tells you "how to do it "but never did it."

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 196  Next »
191 to 200 of 1952
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.