Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 196  Next »
181 to 190 of 1951
User Details are only visible to members.
We have a magnet on our refrigerator, the quote, "another brilliant mind ruined by higher education"

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1878 posts)
I think you're pretty much bang on there.

The only time I get riled up about it is if someone says something along the lines of it not being a "real" Doctor degree. Like I got it as a prize in a cereal box.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23710 posts)
I think most people who have doctorates really don't care.

Those that do have some kind of character flaw that they need to be pumped up by people calling them Dr.

Anyone who has been around a bunch of people with advanced degrees soon realizes that they are just like everyone else. Some are nice, some are assholes.

Some of the brightest people I know have no college degree. And some of the most clueless people I have known have doctorates.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18923 posts)
You are mistaken.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18923 posts)
Last time I checked, Anyone running for POTUS had to show records of everything they did or have. The POS Obama probably has zero college records and the Government allowing this POS to even run for POTUS, Makes them all just as guilty as him for destroying the USA.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5575 posts)
"I don't understand why we do it for some people and not others. MLKJ had a PhD in theology and is widely referred to as "Doctor". Albert Einstein had one in physics and I've never heard anyone refer to him (or Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie, or almost any other famous scientist) as such. Why is that? "

Great question!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
Although my sister is a pain the ass, she is a Ph.D. or however you write it and has done great work here and abroad. Back to Carson. He's a cry baby. No one is vetting him harsher than anyone else. I can go with what he said with respect to West Point as I know from another situation that those types of conversations do happen and, had he applied, he may have been admitted either for his brilliance or to fill a quota. He thinks he's being badgered? Look how they ran Obama through the mill; Chris Christy and let's not forget the Queen, Hillary. Toughen up or go home!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
It wasn't a big deal. Just something to talk about. Carson himself doesn't strike me as someone to pound his chest and demand people call him Doctor. Other people are doing it.

I don't understand why we do it for some people and not others. MLKJ had a PhD in theology and is widely referred to as "Doctor". Albert Einstein had one in physics and I've never heard anyone refer to him (or Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie, or almost any other famous scientist) as such. Why is that?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23710 posts)
Don't forget about all who have a JD (juris doctor)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
tbr, what is wrong wit seeing OWEBAMA'S collage records if there are any? Your Ph.D, you will be known as, Piled Higher and Deeper asshole.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1878 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 196  Next »
181 to 190 of 1951
TOPIC: Predictions!!!

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy