Predictions!!! : Swingers Discussion 20612910161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPredictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 1450   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In my post about the idea of Republicans to "reach out" to minorities I also mentioned that policies count. To clarify, to get them to vote Republican, the goals and policies have to resonate with the people you want to attract. You have to somehow show them that their values and concerns are the same as yours and that your proposed solutions and your record is better than the competition. So far, Republicans haven't succeeded even though they have leadership rising in their party that are far from being "wasps". In my own opinion, I don't think that Latinos are necessarily biased toward one party or the other even though they have voted Democratic for the most part. A change in a million votes in the last election distributed in certain states could well have brought a different outcome. This is why each party has to keep working hard at their goals and not assume continued support (nor continued rejection) from certain constituencies.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(327 posts)
during the next primary debate Biden will look towards Hillary and compliment her by saying she is....well, you know clean, and articulate....

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
Biden will run in 2016. Hillary will as well.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
and your point is? that is competition and i could care less what they signed.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
" ...this country would be a scary place without competing philosophies."

Surely you know that virtually every House Republican signed the "pledge" to Grover Norquist. That same Grover Norquist who wants to "crush the other party" All while shrinking the Govt to the size of a bathtub and then drowning it.

If this isn't selling their souls to pure evil, I don't know what would be.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Funny, I see wasteful and bloated companies and CEO's all the time. Wasteful and bloated right-wing talk shows and hosts and contributors and donors. ~~~~~~ I wouldn't know. Anything about talk show hosts and contributors. As for the CEOs, who exactly do you know, and see? +++++

Government everywhere I look is more "skeletonized" than any other description that comes to mind. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Is skeletonized a word? ++++++

Of course, the Republican party is pretty much a complete waste, but I have about stopped thinking of them as "government". They're basically a tumor that needs to be removed. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I would never defend either party. They both suck. Neither one can realy speak for me but this country would be a scary place without competing philosophies.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
Funny, I see wasteful and bloated companies and CEO's all the time. Wasteful and bloated right-wing talk shows and hosts and contributors and donors.

Government everywhere I look is more "skeletonized" than any other description that comes to mind.

Of course, the Republican party is pretty much a complete waste, but I have about stopped thinking of them as "government". They're basically a tumor that needs to be removed.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Higher taxes, more regulations, less jobs and the poor are trapped worse then under slavery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never forget the real problem.....it's not the higher taxes that people loathe; it's the larger, more wasteful swollen government that emerges from administrations like BO, that NEVER go away. They just keep getting larger and more wasteful and bloated until one day you wake up and it's....2012 and you are mired in trillions more than you can cover.

At that point the only way out is to go back to the well for more. Why, because no one wants to give back the goodies they get from U. Sam. Conservative and liberal alike. If you can get a free $2000 scooter for grandma and save her $$ for christmas gifts....fuck yea!!! it's just the government after all.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
" As far as the Republicans adjusting to their loss, I think they'll need to do a better job reaching out to those who just didn't vote for them. They never do well with minorities. "

How can a party hope to get votes by "reaching out" to minorities? A party should actually have significant numbers of minorities in its membership.

If 80% of the elected women and minorities are Democrats, then Dems will continue to get the majority of their votes. Making a gesture of appeasement is just saying "vote for me".

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Fj: You have a good point about how the dems will use anything, anything at all to win even if it is contrary to what are supposed to be their core beliefs. Adolf Coors III attempted to run for a Senate Seat for Colorado on the Republican ticket. His democratic opponent ran a very negative ad campaign against him because Coors Brewery had been a paid sponsor to a homosexual event. Coors was painted as being pro homosexual which cost him the election in Colorado.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 1450   End
TOPIC: Predictions!!!