Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  149  150  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  ... 196  Next »
1531 to 1540 of 1951
User Details are only visible to members.
Looks like he sold his firm to some Brazilian outfit.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18927 posts)
Beats me. He is?

I'm being too lazy to look up what happened to him. I really need to wrap up my day and get to our weekend party house....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23718 posts)
Robert,sure the military will take out a few idiots who just wana shoot people because they either disagree or don't like them.but when it's millions who have had enough of the people they hire and pay like huh the fuked up government, I doubt the military turning on the peoPle they swore to protect

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5575 posts)
You mean Rush Limbaugh's personal pollster?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18927 posts)
What happened to Zogby? We used to hear Zogby polls all the time.....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23718 posts)
Rasmussen is kind of a strange case.

While their final polls in those years have been pretty accurate, their daily tracking polls have shown a significant Republican house effect for a very long time.

One of the most closely guarded secrets of polling is the particular pollster's model. Who do they think will vote in the election. That probably accounts for most of the variation.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18927 posts)
From that Silver article: "After the Republican convention in 2008, Gallup had John McCain leading Mr. Obama by as many as 10 points among likely voters. Although some other polls also had Mr. McCain pulling ahead in the race, no other polling firm ever gave him larger than a four-point lead."

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I read some of Nate Silver's article. I think he's being fair.

I will say, as a general statement, we tend to pump polls which tell us what we want to hear, and dismiss or attempt to discredit polls which do not.

Rasmussen being a great example. In spite of being one of the most accurate in 2004, 2006, and 2008, its poor performance in 2010 caused it to be widely panned by Democrats as being a pro-Republican spin poll. Since it has more recently shown results Democrats like to hear, they are quietly citing Rasmussen again.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23718 posts)
Fjep:

Your survey was written by a child. You don't ask the military if they will shoot people not shooting at them, or to police the nation... Collecting such weapons are the job of the police, FBI, ATF.

Now show me a survey where the soldiers are asked if they would put down a rebellion. If the soldiers will kill a group of citizens who have taken it upon themselves to try and secede from the US. Because that is what we have been talking about.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8304 posts)
I thought Obama was funnier than Romney last night. It is funny watching Mitt tell jokes, though.

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  149  150  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  ... 196  Next »
1531 to 1540 of 1951
TOPIC: Predictions!!!

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy