Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  ... 236  Next »
1471 to 1480 of 2356
User Details are only visible to members.
Here is an interesting prediction from one who makes a living at predictions.

Wayne Allyn Root is a Vegas odds maker and knowledgable about politics.

Mr. Root’s approach to picking a winner is unique and makes much more sense to me than polling does. Polling can be easily biased based on who is doing the polling, what time of day calls are made, and how the questions are phrased. Mr. Root’s technique is far less likely to be biased.

As people learn more about Obamacare, the dozens of new taxes, rising unemployment, and feel the impact of the current trend toward higher gas prices, they will think much harder about who will get their vote. If there are any Obama supporters who still can think (debatable) they may just change their minds. Many already have including Obama girl. Next, Mr. Root calls on logic, reality, and common sense. What a novel idea. I love it. Liberals do not even begin to understand this approach. He is convinced that not one person who voted for McCain in 2008 will switch to Obama. None! But, millions who voted for Obama will not vote for him this time. When many did vote for Obama in 2008 they really didn’t know him or vet him very well. They basically ignored all the unanswered and disturbing questions about his background and intentions and bought into the dream. Now, the dream is turning into a nightmare for many of those who fell for his pitch. If Obama supporters are honest with themselves, they have to note Obama’s broken promises and failures. He has disappointed almost everyone in some way, even his liberal friends. Obama’s 2008 campaign promises now appear to have been a classic bait and switch. He was a straight shooter about one thing though. He has kept his word and has redistributed the wealth. Obamacare will help this effort along nicely. Finally, Mr. Root details specific voting blocks and it is in these we find reason to be very optimistic about a Romney win in November. These are Mr. Root’s specific predictions as he presents them:

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2448 posts)
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

--Yogi Berra

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
If you read more into David McCullough's books and those of others you will realize that they also had a firm respect for each other and corresponded as friendly (though ferocious) competitors their entire lives. They also agreed fervently in the same goals, though Jefferson's (and others) forceful refusal to officially include Christianity into the new nations politics dismayed and enraged Adams to no end.

They even died the same day, on July 4th, each thinking the other had outlived him.

The difference for the most part is that today the verisimilitude is more personal and hateful.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Didn't know where else to put this... I thought it was amusing, but not worthy of its own thread....

Historian and author David McCullough, tells Morley Safer that the current name-calling pales in comparison to the days of old. Recounting how Thomas Jefferson defeated John Adams in 1800, McCullough says Jefferson paid a journalist to write that his opponent was a mentally unbalanced hermaphrodite. Adams spread the word that a Jefferson victory would mean murder, rape, and robbery in the streets.

Years before, when Adams was George Washington's vice president says McCullough, "They went after at each other on the floor with fire tongs...Imagine how that would look on the nightly news?"

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26049 posts)
One of my best play girls of all time is a hard core liberal. And yes, we talk politics...... while not fucking...

She's also an erotica author, and one of her recurring characters is stylized after me :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26049 posts)
We deleted all of our certs ;)

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I'm just here for the sugar rush...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
We have 6 certs.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18745 posts)
Fj, Has ZZ posted anything that resembled what I wrote either in style or content? Do I write like ZZ? "NOT". I think that everyone here has their own abilities to express themselves and their outlook on life. But I thank people for allowing my posts to be rationally responded to and that I've avoided (so far) the personal or ideological attacks that are prevalent here. Believe me when I say that I truly try to understand where people are "coming from" and completely read their messages. I hope they, in turn, don't attack me personally if my own view of things differ. Call me an idealist but I think that all of us, in our own way, are making democracy work if we understand the issues, think rationally, aren't afraid to change our minds, and get out and support our representatives. But if you don't do that, I hope you're having good sex, at least!!!!

Southington CT
Username hidden
(331 posts)
"I predict that the angle of your dangle in inversely proportional to the heat or your meat generated by posting STUPID POLITICAL CRAP.

Actually the angle of the dangle is equal to the mass of the ass. :-).

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4559 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  ... 236  Next »
1471 to 1480 of 2356
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.