Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 198  Next »
141 to 150 of 1978
User Details are only visible to members.
OK, I knew about New York. I thought you meant someplace else. My misunderstanding. Sorry.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7421 posts)
BLT, New York State, penal code.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2532 posts)
@Sexy: A lot of those same ideas are in the Bible with respect to the woman's position in life and in Judaism as well. Like the man is the head of the family as God is the head of the church, etc. That is "their" way of life "over there," and, frankly, who are we to want to force them to conform to western ideals? I am not in agreement with keeping women or anyone ignorant but to go over there and whisper a bunch of BS in their women's ears and think everyone is going to swallow our culture, is crazy. I saw an interview somewhere recently with a man from Senegal who basically said with respect to America's views on LGBT and other alternative lifestyles that that is not their way of life and they will not tolerate it over there. People have different values and who is to say that the American way of life is the one and only way? The Middle East has been at odds with each other literally from the beginning of time and we, Americans, should mind our own business. We have enough shit to clean up over here.

Having: Where is it illegal?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7421 posts)
In Pakistan, little girls are disciplined to be submissive to males. They are brainwashed to succumb to Sharia Law. They are intimidated from childhood to obey their male counterparts. They are taught that burqa's protect their modesty to the point that when they grow up, they feel undressed in public without wearing such. Americans just can't accept, let alone believe the totality of their captivity. To divorce a wife under Sharia, husband points his finger at her face and says: "get out, GET OUT, GET OUT." That's it. She is officially divorced and left bereft in a hostile community that shuns divorced females, her likely future one of prostitution. She is CONTROLLED that way. The Men like it that way. When I was there, girls were offered four grades of school. Boys were offered ten, and universities only accepted males. As long as Islamists are allowed to continue in this manner, they will fight our enlightened valuation on the wisdom of sharing woman's brain power and decision making. In fact, the very foundation of Sharia Law is based on the subjugation of women.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2060 posts)
BLT, It is "against the law" to go in public with a face covered.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2532 posts)
@Sexy: All Muslim women are not being forced to wear the burka (or burqa). They actually want to because of religious reasons. That is their way of life.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7421 posts)
Yeah, not directed at you.

But I think you are correct on electing a president with a religion other than christian.

It was a big deal when JFK was elected, being Catholic and all...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19511 posts)
I was referring to countries like Pakistan, India, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. Not Muslims living here. I don't know much about them, but I lived in Pakistan for 4 years, and traveled extensively thru out the middle east. I know a lot a lot these people's Sharia.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2060 posts)
But, in any case, I do think that as a nation we are a long way from considering electing a Muslim as President. Even a "raised as a Muslim but is non-practicing" would be a big stretch.

We also won't elect an atheist.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24807 posts)
Sure. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Perhaps that wasn't intended for me.

Probably, numerically, if you pick a random Muslim vs a random Christian, your random Muslim is more likely than the random Christian to frown on educating women etc.

Not a rule, but definitely a tendency. About a 150 year lag between the two.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24807 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 198  Next »
141 to 150 of 1978
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.