Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 196  Next »
121 to 130 of 1952
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah, not directed at you.

But I think you are correct on electing a president with a religion other than christian.

It was a big deal when JFK was elected, being Catholic and all...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
I was referring to countries like Pakistan, India, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. Not Muslims living here. I don't know much about them, but I lived in Pakistan for 4 years, and traveled extensively thru out the middle east. I know a lot a lot these people's Sharia.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1949 posts)
But, in any case, I do think that as a nation we are a long way from considering electing a Muslim as President. Even a "raised as a Muslim but is non-practicing" would be a big stretch.

We also won't elect an atheist.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
Sure. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Perhaps that wasn't intended for me.

Probably, numerically, if you pick a random Muslim vs a random Christian, your random Muslim is more likely than the random Christian to frown on educating women etc.

Not a rule, but definitely a tendency. About a 150 year lag between the two.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
There are some Christian sects that don't allow or frown upon women's education.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
Some do, some don't.

One of my best friends in grad school was a devout Muslim. She is current a chemistry professor at a state university. Her family has never given her a hard time about it.

What they HAVE given her a hard time about is dating non-Muslim men.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
Not until they enable equal education for Muslim women; nor until they seek women's participation in the decision making process, not until they allow Muslim women to escape the denuding humiliation of burqa existence, will Muslims reach productive equality with other cultures. Name one Muslim country, except for those with oil riches, that is not a nation in poverty. Name one! When the oil runs out, they all will be poor, and they will blame us for being poor.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1949 posts)
There are 30-40 different major branches od Christianity, and 30,0000+ different churches.

I imagine the Muslim religion is basically the same.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
@HTG: I cannot live with anyone. Anyway, while on the bike this am at the gym, this is a bit off topic yet relevant with respect to the campaign where Ben Carson said no Muslim should be President. Christiana Amanpour had on her show an Imam and some other guy. Apparently, there is now a "new" study guide to the Quran. I can't remember the exact title with this carb depletion but if no one else finds it by the time I log back in, I'll look it up. This is to weed out misinterpretations. I guess it would be similar to a Concordance with respect to the Bible. I have to get some sleep.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
BLT and Z Z are both Florida residence. I think they should move in together and combine their post.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2128 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 196  Next »
121 to 130 of 1952
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.