Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Predictions!!!
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 198  Next »
31 to 40 of 1978
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't think the Democrats care about Cruz's eligibility.

They are just going to enjoy the Republicans twisting in the wind on it.

And pretty much everyone hates Cruz. When the question came up with McCain, the Senate passed a resolution saying hee was a natural born citizen.

No such thing happening with Cruz.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19411 posts)
OWEBAMA'S STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER DIARRHEA BLOW OUT FROM HIM THAT IS ALL HE HAS GIVEN US. HIS SUBJECTS WILL NOT BE ON WHAT IS CURRENT. ISIS, $20 TRILLION IN DEBT HALF IN HIS TERM. 50 MILLION ON FOOD STAMPS, 15% UNEMPLOYMENT AND ETC. OWEBAMA GO AWAY FOR GOOD.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2323 posts)
The Bipartisan Pretzels. Sounds like a rock band.

I never thought I'd hear about Rand Paul and Alan Grayson agreeing on anything.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24581 posts)
TRUMP, is going to win it all. Don't forget this is the biggest deal of his life. He is going to win at any cost.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2323 posts)
Trump hasn't won anything yet.

On the subject of Cruz, I will enjoy the nut jobs turning into pretzels on the issue.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19411 posts)
2015: Trump is nothing but a loud mouthed clown. He has no chance at anything and is a waste of our time! - George Will, et al.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2003 posts)
2015: Trump is nothing but a loud mouthed clown. He has no chance at winning anything! - George Will, et al.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2003 posts)
One of the problems with predictions (and so many are making so many of them) is that the "conventional wisdom" can be so flawed. I'm stealing this from electoral-vote.

Prof. Larry Sabato of the University of Virginia has collected a number of prominent statements made in January of previous election years. Here is an abridged version of his collection.

1960: If Democrats nominate the very young, Catholic John F. Kennedy, they will throw the election away

1964: President Lyndon B. Johnson, a "Southern conservative," could be opposed by a Northern liberal in the primaries

1968: LBJ's got a tough fight, but he's the favorite for reelection

1972: President Richard Nixon is losing to several top Democrats in the polls

1976: Jimmy Who?

1980: If President Jimmy Carter can whip Ted Kennedy's ass in the primaries, he'll surely defeat Ronald Reagan

1984: Reagan, called a "failed president" after a deep recession ... looks to be the 6th consecutive president to leave office early

1988: Vice President George H.W. Bush is a wimp. He's drawn major GOP opponents, and the electorate seems ready to switch back to the Democrats

1992: No way can President Bush, the liberator of Kuwait, lose to some scandal-drenched hick from Arkansas

1996: Ever since the 1994 GOP landslide, it's preordained that President Bill Clinton will be a one-termer

2000: Clinton escaped ouster over the Lewinsky scandal, but it'll ensure no third term for the Democrats

2004: With solid leads in the polls and Gore's endorsement, how is anyone going to stop Howard Dean?

2008: It's Hillary Clinton for the Democrats, of course. John McCain's got no shot at the Republican nomination

2012: The economy is weak and President Barack Obama is very vulnerable. Republicans take to saying: "Even my dog could beat him"

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24581 posts)
Well, tbr....

This issue with Cruz probably should be cleared up at some point, if not for him then to prevent future kerfuffles over the topic. Rand Paul has decided to question if Cruz meets the definition of a "natural born American", because he is indisputably a "natural born Canadian", and how can someone be a "natural born" of two different countries?

Not exactly unfair reasoning, I suppose. But to make sure, Alan Grayson has announced he will file a suit challenging his eligibility should he become the nominee.

As a thought - even IF (and I'm not arguing that he was) Obama had been born in Kenya (or, for that matter, on the moon), he was born to an American (by birth) mother thus making him a US citizen at birth. If Cruz is deemed eligible for the presidency than any lingering whimpers about Obama's birthplace become instantly irrelevant.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24581 posts)
OBAMA WANTS CHINA TO END UP WITH "GITMO" BY CLOSING IT AND TURNING IT BACK TO CUBA.

WHAT WILL CUBA DO WITH "GITMO" A MAJOR NAVAL BASE????? AND TERRORIST PRISON

CUBA NEEDS MONEY, CHINA WILL PAY ANYTHING TO GET A MAJOR NAVAL BASE 90 MILES FROM KEY WEST FLORIDA, USA.

THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OBAMA MOVING ALONG ON HIS QUEST TO DESTROY THE UNITED STATES.

THE MAN IS A ANTI AMERICAN OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2323 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 198  Next »
31 to 40 of 1978
TOPIC: Predictions!!!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.