Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Pop Tart Guns and Trauma Counselling
TOPIC: Pop Tart Guns and Trauma Counselling
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   182 to 191 of 260   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In a "legitimate" suicide attempt, the female brain has ways of shutting all that stuff down.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VB, that sounds like a "reality show" waiting to happen.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Remember the movie 'The End'?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
More servicemen/vets committed suicide than died in combat last year. I don't recall the exact number, but it may have been 300+

A rate of 12.30 per 100,000 is 36,900 in 300 mill. 300 fewer would make it exactly 12.20 per 100k

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The suicide "attempt" rate is far more variable, but is roughly 12 times that of the actual suicide rate. In the United States, women make up 3/4 of all suicide attempts but only 1/5 of actual suicides. Not counted in this are suicide attempts that are never reported.

Working these numbers leads you to the conclusion that men are about 27% successful in suicide attempts, and women only about 2.6%. So men are TEN TIMES more likely to succeed in their suicide attempt.

What I am about to say is probably not going to be very popular....

You might notice a bit of a contemptuous tone in my discussion of suicide attempts. It is my opinion that a great majority of suicide attempts - especially among women - are not serious at all are are done in an effort to get people's attention or, even worse, manipulate them. It is also my opinion that those who truly intend to kill themselves will normally find a way to do so. Of those who "attempt" suicide, fewer than 10% ever succeed in eventually killing themselves.

My daughter knows a girl who "tries to kill herself" every single time she has a fight with her boyfriend. These typically involve taking 10 NyQuil or 15 Tylenol and then, of course, calling her boyfriend to tell him, which will naturally land her in the ER. She's probably done this 10 times in 3 years. I completely dismiss manipulative idiots like this and their "trying to kill themselves".

I remember this fucking idiot in the UK who has "tried to drown herself" (calling the police each time to inform them of her intention) more than 50 times in the ocean, and many "attempts" result in large rescue operations involving helicopters and rescue boats. The authorities made a controversial decision to at first ban her from nearing the ocean, which did nothing, to eventually telling her that if she goes in again she's shit out of luck we're tired of risking our own lives to save your wasteful ass.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20509 posts)
That's because motor vehicle deaths are way down, not because suicides are way up. There are discrepancies on the data depending on where it's coming from - most of this is NIH or CDC data, but in any case, it's floated around 11-12 suicides per 100,000 for the last 50 years, with the occasional dip into the 10s and spike into the 13s, but never outside this range.

Per 100,000

2007 11.5 2008 11.8 2009 12.0 2010 12.4 2011 12.0 2012 12.3

By way of comparison

1993 12.0 1985 12.3 1975 12.7 1965 11.1

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20509 posts)
" Suicides in this country are way up in the last five years..."

Do we suppose this is related to negativity in the media?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Well one thing is for certain. Suicides in this country are way up in the last five years. Be it by firearm or what ever means. Within the last couple of years for the first time in about 50+ years or so suicides now out number death by motor vehicle, mishap.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Party:

It is how you count the suicides and I did state that suicide was not a crime like murder. " It isn't a crime (like murder)"

I am only concerned with statistics of murder. What are the weapons which are used most often. Answer will likely be smaller weapons. Hand guns which can be kept hidden in ones pants.

Either way. Moving forward means taking into account the new technology of the future and that means 3d printing. Currently the mass market printers can't print metal... This will change as the laser heads advance.

As current. You can buy all but one of the parts of a AR-15 without any real issue. So you and ten of your buddies buy all the parts which don't need to be registered with the government and manufacture the part that does need to be registered.

I am not concerned about the Fjeps and the Vacps of this nation... They aren't likely to mass produce a weapon for anyone and are far less likely to use them in a rebellion themselves.

What I am afraid of is by banning these weapons, people will stop trying to fix society, because people aren't initially dying in the numbers they are today. When the black market selling the lower receivers and other parts for the banned weapons starts up (and it will), the people will become so empathetic because they tried and failed, that they will turn to the Republican ideals of being armed to save themselves or worst yet simply give up trying and still do nothing about the reason for the gangs.

Most of these indiscriminate murders are gang related, gangs are formed from poverty and income inequality. This is what we need to fix, the demoralization of america, the lost dream. You can't fix that while fighting to ban things, just so you can feel safe, you can't feed two masters.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7779 posts)
Actually attempting suicide IS a crime and unless you consider the FBI, CDC, NEGM, Surion General and other agencies the "radical left" (under Reagan, Bush 41 and Bush 43).....you are wrong about only leftists counting suicides as well

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   182 to 191 of 260   End
TOPIC: Pop Tart Guns and Trauma Counselling