Poor, poor Al Gore, his son is arrested for drugs : Swingers Discussion 820991031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoor, poor Al Gore, his son is arrested for drugs
TOPIC: Poor, poor Al Gore, his son is arrested for drugs
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
No not at all I was being serious I was attemping to discribe the same thing you so eloquintly put into words is all, and my message was not quit as clear.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Lucky,

Are you trying to tell me that many of my posts confuse you? Hell, I normally confuse myself - lol.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Damn sens nice...I guess I dont need evelyn woods because I even understood that.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
While researching from some work I was doing yesterday ay the state Library, I took a few moments a looked through past AP stories concerning the Bush Twins. I could not find anything where Al Gore criticized the Bush twins or President Bush's parenting skills. I did find several AP stories of other persons, both media and political, who did make a big deal out of the Bush Twins having fake ID and ordering alcohol. The stories themselves were written in a very negative style towards Bush and his daughters. The two politicians who seemed the most vocal against the Bush Twins were Harry Reid and Howard Dean. Again, I could find nothing that quoted Al Gore.

When I got home I looked at the blogs and websites to see what kind of spin (both left and right) were saying about this story. IMO the right wing blogs were being unfair and cold towards Al Gore and his son, stating untruths about Gore not caring what his son did, or that Gore condones his sons conduct. The left wing blogs were dismissing his sons arrest as no big deal because he was driving a hybrid car and that his arrest(s) were nothing compared to the Bush twins smoking crack etc. I said WTF, smoking crack? Where the hell did they make that one up from? That is why I cannot stand blogs and websites as most have no sense of the truth.

I agree that everyone goes through life making mistakes and errors. We are human. I also agree that you can be the best parent and still end up with a shithead for a child. However, I believe that you can stand by your children, love them, and in a way support them and, yet, at the same time make them face the music for their crimes, indiscretions and/or questionable conduct. Teaching kids both through actions and values, that we are responsible for what we do and say will, in most cases, ultimately lead people to understand that they are accountable. Not only to themselves, but to society as well.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I would not tell my underage children about my sex life, whether it involved swinging, vegetables, whips, electronic devices, or what have you. That would also not be appropriate. I wouldn't tell my older children about my sex life either; it's inappropriate and none of their business. Trust me, they do NOT want to know that their parents even have sex, let alone the details.

I would - and have - tell our adult children that Mr2 and I are swingers, if they ask. I would not go into detail. Are they discreet about that knowlege? As far as I know. I can't imagine they'd have nothing better to talk about than their parents' activities.

UM now who is couterdicting ones self?

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Hypathetical...Never mind.

I dont know if al gore condones drug use for his kids and dont care if he does. However showing them that he is always being in the lime light it is extremely important to come to him with situations they feel that they can overcome. Obviously they cant do that with him.

I would not tell my 15-year-old that it was ok to drink at home. It's not appropriate for a child of that age.

Of course you wouldnt....

And you ARE contradicting yourself. You're saying children need to taught to be discreet, but then you're saying that teaching them to be discreet doesn't work. Not at all, I am saying that there is a difference between teaching them to be disreet and condoning poor behaviour. If you show them right from wrong there would be no need for discretion.

Anyway if you dont get it by now well for get it.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
In general all politicians including al gore are subject to what they say to the media or hell even under thier breath.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
One of our sons was busted for shoplifting a 6-pack of beer. He was 15. We do not condone shoplifting, and we do not condone 15-year-olds drinking beer. At that time, we didn't even keep beer in our home. Does him getting busted make us bad parents? I don't believe so.

And Niether do I, However if you told them it is ok to drink at home but refused to buy them beer and they obtained it illegally and got caught you would be surprised at the outcome? I am not couterdicting myself.

If you told your kids that swinging was ok and that you do it all the time could you expect them to be discreet? Realisticlly...and be honest.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
And I will say it again I never said that.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
"If you condone drug use in your kids and say "well if your gonna smoke dope, keep it at home" do you think they will?"

No expecting them to keep it at home is STUPID!!! because they wont and they will bring their friends in and say OH my parents say its ok to smoke dope. Family values...

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
TOPIC: Poor, poor Al Gore, his son is arrested for drugs