Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns : Swingers Discussion 2213031081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   81 to 90 of 116   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You do realize you just called Fun, a nut case don't you?"

If he did that he wouldn't be alone, nor mistaken. ha

I have mentioned in the fora that I have a gun. A rather modest 20 gauge Browning. A recent encounter with a cottonmouth inside my shop has made me consider getting a pistol and some .22 long ratshot that wouldn't blow holes in things I wanted to keep.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Fun,

Do you think people in prison, and confined to mental hospitals retain all of their rights?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16724 posts)
Sorry, I didn't intend to restrict discussion (not that I could anyway). I just wanted to see what gun rights advocates thought, and how far apart they are from my views. Not far, it appears. 

It looks like only one person (BStorm) thinks mentally dangerous people "should" have guns. Only two people (Perf and PP) say they don't have a constitutional right to possess (GFnME might be a third; they answered with a single NO). Everyone else expressed a preference against possession, but acknowledge that they have constitutional rights to possess. 

It turns out that I pretty much agree with most of the gun rights people. And I'll take a wild guess and say that most of the anti-gun crowd don't think the mentally ill should possess. So at least we have one point in the gun debate on which most people agree. 

I do think that some restrictions against possession by the mentally ill could withstand a constitutional challenge if they are tightly written. Which differs from Perf and PP that they don't have rights, but isn't inconsistent with everyone else either. 

So, having identified at least a starting point that almost everyone seems to agree on, what suggestions do people have to keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza and Hinckley, tailored narrowly enough that they might survive constitutional scrutiny?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
I did read it carefully.

Fun has "brought" his gun into the Forum. Granted he did not "bring" his gun into this particular thread, but he has mentioned at least one gun in other threads.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Fun Ahoy hasn't brought his guns to the forum, though. Read carefully: Everybody who has guns in this forum seems to be a nut case.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'm still paitiently waiting for the "time" to discuss the point I believe Fun is trying to make. In the meantime...

"Everybody who has guns in this forum seems to be a nut case."

You do realize you just called Fun, a nut case don't you? Call me what you wish, but I personally don't consider all gun owners or non-owners for that matter to be nut cases.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Tired of the progressive conspiracy theorists"

FJ prefers the company of repressive, whacko conspiracy theorist...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
I have a strong suspicion many more people in here have guns than you are aware of.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18804 posts)
I am a gun rights advocate. I believe every American has an equal right to be in the presence of guns, or to not be, whether or not they are a gun owner.

Everybody who has guns in this forum seems to be a nut case. They may seem normal in their day job, but when you ask any decent question about their guns, they get immediately nutty.

Did the guns make them nutty, or do nuts gravitate to guns? I guess if I were a nut, I'd also want a gun. It would make people listen to me, even if they didn't want to.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
FJ

"Besides that the threads started by progressives are nothing but a attempt to troll anyway."

I'm always suspicious of that.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16724 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   81 to 90 of 116   End
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns