Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns : Swingers Discussion 2213031061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   61 to 70 of 116   End
User Details are only visible to members.
pacifism is a forum of mental ilness.a person that is so much of a coward they even refuse to even protect themselfs or others of life,limb,or property.antigunners are gunphobia.a unrealist fear of any type of weapon.phobia is a mental illness.anger control,seeking drama,insulting people,flashing,pervring,homo,bi,even being straight watching wife getting fuck.all these are all in some degree of mental illness.so I say unto you be carefull of who you say should NOT be allowed to have full rights.it is a slipperly slope that we must walk to find that blance between safety and a persons rights...............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Paranoia is one. Severe indoctrination may or may not be a de facto mental illness. Like malnutrition, it's definitely a debilitation of one's faculties; but it can be alleviated by return to more normal environment.

The gun cult is almost self-indoctrinating now. Not much new needs to come down from above -- gun worshipers whip themselves into religious-like fervor and believe anything that seems to justify their positions.

This can easily be interpreted as paranoid delusion, with many characteristics being shared.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
FUN I agree 100%.as you know there are some on here that should not be allowed,but have not do anything to lose their right,until then?I don't think we or those who work with mental people can say what 90% of the population are going to do at any one time.the other 10% is anybody guess.blanket laws don't work.only when an act is done do we know who is not mental confidant.and only then can we do something about it........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Thanks BS, and apologies if I didn't make the question clear. If I'm reading you correctly, it looks like we're unanimous that we prefer guns not to be possessed by mentally ill people with a propensity for irrational violence. 

You bring up an excellent question about the nature and degree of the mental problems. But I'm not sure if mental competence is the dividing line. That can be a matter of simply being unable to handle your affairs, with no relationship to anything violent. 

Just because an aging parent can't ever remember to pay his bills and needs a conservatorship set up, doesn't mean that he shouldn't be able to deer hunt. On the flip side, a person might be very dangerous and have uncontrollable anger outbursts, yet still be mentally competent. 

Do we have any psychologists in here who could help us understand the kind of mental illnesses that would be predictive of violence? I would think schizophrenia, delusional paranoia, and some of the serious sociopathic diseases would be a start. Thoughts?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
so what degree does he have mental illness.because he sure was not hook up to reality there.should he be allowed to own guns or be in charge of people who own guns to enforce laws.right to own guns.yes every person has the right to own guns or land or money as long as they are mentally confidant to do so.I hope this clears up my answer of yes and yes........your friend and skirt chasing buddy...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
our VP said go out on the porch and shoot in the air.

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I never said mentally dangerous people should have guns.you ask if mentally ill people should have guns.there all different kinds of mental illness.some are dangerous and some are not.some are just a degree of mental illness.in fact all people have some kind of mental problems,form slicet to servere.a blanket ban or law is a trick.you should have ask if a mentally confidant person should have the right to have firearms,or should mentally inconfidant person the right to firearms.to what degree is a person confidant to posse anything.wheater it is land, car,money,or past laws.or even enforce laws,there are cops out there that shouldn't even be allowed to be armed at all.............................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
No. Yes.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Good grief. I didn't change your answer to a "no," and it's not exactly binding anyway.

Everyone understands that simple yes or no answers aren't ideal and they often need explaining or expanding. No one is stopping you.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
It's too bad some others here, who seem to have it together, won't call you out on your spinning bullshit. It's their choice, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   61 to 70 of 116   End
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns