Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns : Swingers Discussion 2213031031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 116   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I initially overlooked Outdoor's tongue in cheek reference to the "loaded question" about guns. Good one.

As for the NRA, I'm not aware of any actual violence it has threatened as part of its lobbying efforts. Without that, calling it a terrorist group is hyperbole IMO.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10892 posts)
VB's Bozo is editor for the Aurora (CO) Sentinel. He quotes some other papers' editorials: ========== “But now, the cowards defied the will of most Americans and helped the hardliners and hypocrites prevail. They allowed themselves to be cowed into submission by a loud but very unrepresentative minority of NRA members who threatened retribution against anyone who voted in favor of the bill.”

Just another liberal rag in a liberal wasteland toeing the liberal line? No, that was the Dallas Morning News.

“It would be shameful, except too many of our politicians have no shame. Again, the gun bill showed that … Nobody wants the mentally ill having a gun. Nobody, that is, except many of your senators. They just don’t care.”

Barefoot hippies in Boulder? No. That was the Florida Sun Sentinel in Orlando.

“The U.S. Senate’s handling of a gun safety package was cowardly and contemptible … What kind of a governing body responds to a national crisis by refusing to even discuss it openly and publicly?”

I agree with that, but it was written by the Kansas City Star.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
There is nothing in any post I have ever created that should give the impression I think owning a gun equates to insanity.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
The Department of Defense definition of terrorism is:

"The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological."

I guess the NRA interests are mostly financial.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Well at least one bozo agrees....

w ww.aurorasentinel.co m/opinion/perry-we-can-only-save-ourselves-from-kidnappers-at-the-nra/

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
Outdoor has rather loose definitions of "insanity" and "terrorist".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
"If you embed yourself among terrorists like al Qaeda or the NRA". This is an absolutely insane comparison. It has no aspect of rational thinking at all.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
That question reminds me of Catch 22. The only way to get a pyscho discharge from military combat duty was to ask for one, but the very fact you ask for the discharge proves you are sane after all. Nice Catch.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10892 posts)
That seems like quite a loaded question. If I answer it, does that mean that I think it's insanity to own a gun?

There's a difference between gun ownership and gun worship. Making irrational statements indicates you may not be as sane as you should be, to own a gun.

The obvious gun worshipers here are just about as unstable in their language as the gun worshipers of al Qaeda. Does owning a gun mean that you can say whatever crazy thing you want, and it somehow appears to be sane? Not in my book.

If you embed yourself among terrorists like al Qaeda or the NRA, you start to sound like them, and it's hard to hide your craziness. The NRA is your enemy, whether you know it or not.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
A quick (and honest) question for PP, gusher and outdoor. It would seem from the totality of your posts that you feel that it is insanity to own a gun. Would you argue that the desire to own a firearm for any reason is cause enough to determine that a mental illness is present and therefore access to the firearm should be denied on that basis alone?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(87 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   31 to 40 of 116   End
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns