Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns : Swingers Discussion 2213031021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Outdoor here is a thought experiment and I’m not trying to trap you. If the future for example the extreme rightwing was suddenly in assent and popular support for the forced deportation at gun point of “non Americans” was generally accepted by the populace. Brown skinned families who were here legally are being swept up and deprived of due process and many are killed as they resist. All Americans regardless of their color had been disarmed years ago and none can actually fight back. Is the disarmament of the people still acceptable?

Be careful of your trust in government. The government you have today isn’t always the government you have tomorrow.

I deciding to not take my chances with either.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(87 posts)
I'll take my chances with government over mobs of armed thugs. The people hoarding guns are the same ones who vote for tyrannical leaders.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Dam spell check. Murderers not murderous. My bad.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(87 posts)
Outdoor you are being oddly flippant about something that has caused the death of millions. You speak about tools of mass murder and you are absolutely correct. The biggest mass murderous over the last century have been governments themselves. Google Democide and see what you find. Based on history I simply don’t feel it’s prudent to allow governments to possess a monopoly on force even ones that are currently law abiding (yes I hear the all the snickers from all the righties here) . I take a long view of these things so in my opinion the current administration isn’t tyrannical as such that you could justify starting shooting but who can say what the future may hold with subsequent administrations. Men like Hitler, Mao and Stalin have existed in the past and men like them WILL appear again in the future.

Obama most likely doesn’t have a nefarious purpose in wanting gun control or assault weapons banned but he would see the largest stumbling block for future mass murderous removed. Try to step out of the current rancor and view this though the lens of history. Events occurring today may not come to fruition for decades or generations.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(87 posts)
You can call a terrorist a "freedom fighter", if it makes you feel better; makes no difference to law enforcement.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The Govt may turn tyrannical. The local police may turn into werewolves. Your neighbors, or your own kids, may become possessed by the devil, or aliens. Lots of reasons to have tools of mass murder.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Are you implying PP that if I should make a statement that I want a military type weapon to defend myself from a government should it turn tyrannical, then I am therefore a terrorist?

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(87 posts)
On the FBI 20 Most Wanted Terrorist List, there are only Muslims and Progressive Liberals. Not one right wing anything. Not even an NRA member.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
The NRA is a terrorist group by proxy. All you need do is get some of the cult faithful to admit the real reasons they want military style weapons, and it becomes perfectly clear

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Well, Wayne LaPierre referred to Govt agents as "thugs" who will kick down your door with their jack-boots.

And before that, in 1993: "'He [Clinton] kissed Sarah Brady at a rally, delivered anti-gun speeches and promised gun bans by the dozens. And now one of his first moves as president could be to turn his administration into a gun-grabbing goon squad.'

By keeping guns moving from manufacturer to criminal, the NRA is responsible for thousands of deaths every year in this country alone. More in Mexico and who knows where else.

They know better than to openly advocate armed attacks on the government. Unlike most parasites, they won't unwittingly destroy their host organism. They just exhort their believers to fight to the end, to keep their guns. "From my cold dead hands". Right. Death cult.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 117   End
TOPIC: Poll for gun enthusiasts: Should people with mental issues have guns