Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08 : Swingers Discussion 761651011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08
TOPIC: Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thompson / Gingrich ticket is very appealing to me. Both are hard line conservitive and would cut spending and may even get the line item veto passed and FIX SSI. OH well wishful thinking.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Your welcome!

I still think with the current crop of candidates (Thompson has not yet entered), Hillary will win with between 40 and 45 percent of the vote. Much like Bill when he defeated President Bush in 1992 with only 41 percent of the vote to Bush with 39 percent.

Some women will not vote for Hillary because of the factors wnt2eatennow and Perfect mention. However, that will be balanced out by women who will vote for her simply because she is a woman. Many white males will vote for her simply to show the are progressive and liberal. All of that may well mean an uneducated or wrong reason to vote but like the other examples it does happen. I think that the Independent, Green Party, Libertarian party etc, candidates with have more votes then normal, much like 1992 when Ross had almost 20 percent of the votes. Therefore the winner to win with around 40 percent. The apathy, distrust and lack of any charismatic candidate makes Hillary, who has a strong Democrat base, a likely winner.

I won't vote for her and I don't support her but I have this funny feeling she will win. Come on Fred Thompson, we need ya!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"sen&nasty--your points are well-taken, however, re-reading my post, it does NOT blame everything on wasp-ish type men. i DID say that wasp-ish TYPE men "had that elusive electability factor." many ways to interpret that statement," ------------------------------------------------------------ wnt2eatennow,

Your right, I took it on it's face value. Rereading your post I do now see that you used it the way you have explained. My apologizes, I should of had a V8 - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
artists make good politicians!!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Yes but I would hardly call them Masters.....She's like an artist.....

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
hillary has mastered talking shit out of both sides of her mouth...sounds like most politicians to me...

mccain, mitt romeny, etc. they all do it.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Another angle in all this, would be social issues. Issues like Affirmative Action and Abortion. Minority candidates have a tougher standard when dealing with those issues because they have to appear moderate and satisfy their minority base at the same time. Many politicians can kind of gloss over those issues, but Minority candidates don't have it as easy. Colin Powell for example would have lost a huge chunk of conservatives based on his stances on Affirmative Action, and if I am not mistaken Abortion. Although he could be pro-life, but I am sure I heard that he was pro-choice. These are issues that can hurt minority candidates on both sides of the fence. Hilary has mastered talking shit out of both sides of her mouth like her husband so she may not have as much difficulty as Obama. For minority candidates certain issues can give them more problems than with non-minority candidates.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Ron Paul is the only one Id vote for . The rest are just too creepy lol

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Every one loves a soap opera, personal scandles and all, Bill proved that in the 90s. So Hill will do well but wont get the white house because of her husband. I will say it again if she had divorced him she would win this in a landslide, hell I would have considered voting for her.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
sen,

i think comparing bill clinton to hillary and obama is like comparing apples and oranges when it comes to election turnout. i believe there will be plenty of enlightened souls who would get the butts to the election booth to vote specifically against either one...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 31   End
TOPIC: Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08