Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08
TOPIC: Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08
Created by: 38specials The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I'm voting for Alfred E. Newman! What me worry? "

JNM, I though you already DID vote for Alfred E Newman....and he's sitting in the Oval Office right now as we speak LOL

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Dzzy wrote:

"sen,

my post wasn't really directed to you but was more specifically to the demorAT poster whose opinion seems to be that there is no chance that a dem can win (unless someone completely new enters the race which ain't happening now).

whether you hate the democracts or hate the republicans i believe it is not a valid point to say that neither side has a chance to win now in light of the world events, etc.

just sayin" --------------------------------------------------- I know you were not specifically asking me, but I still must be missing something or not being clear in my beliefs. Currently, although as we get closer and candidates begin debating and reflecting whether they do or do not have clear positions on issues, I believe that out of all the Candidates, right now if the election was held within weeks, Hillary or Obama have a real chance of becoming the next President.

I believe that over the last 10 years the republicans have become fractured and have disillusioned their core base, ....and no, I do not blame it on the war. I blame it on that Republicans ran on smaller government, accountability of public officials, instituting term limits - no more career politicians, fiscal responsibility etc., they failed or outright lied on those issues. Conservative Independents, like myself, and moderate republicans don't trust any of the current crop of candidates enmass. Each Candidate has a small supporting base but, in my opinion, because many of them were part of the mess created by a republican controlled congress, none of them lack the ability to "rally", if you will, the majority of conservatives into a voting block that could defeat either Obama or Hillary in the national election.

Fred Thompson strikes me as someone who could heal a lot of wounds on the conservative side. Even if Thompson does enter and gain the republican nomination, it will still be an interesting race between him and the Democrat nominee, if that nominee is Hillary (and Obama, but to a lesser degree due to his inexperience).

McCain is past his window as a viable candidate. I like the man personally but I think his "best chance" past in 2000. The other republican candidates either bring credibility issues to the table, or just lack the charisma of a leader, therefore putting a shadow of a doubt in the back of peoples minds.

I may not like nor respect Hillary, but she is a money machine and has a strong core of democrat voters, as well as moderate and independent liberals (yes, like me not everyone is a registered Republican or Democrat). Many of my conservative friends state republicans who have never voted before will come out in mass to vote against Hillary. That may be true, personally I think they will stay home because of apathy towards the (current) republican candidates. Fred Thompson could easily change that. However, I also believe the same applies to the Democrat and liberal voters, who seldom vote and that is why I think Hillary has a real chance to win.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
and as for obama i agree in his presentation. i really think he needed some more seasoning but we shall see...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
sen,

my post wasn't really directed to you but was more specifically to the demorAT poster whose opinion seems to be that there is no chance that a dem can win (unless someone completely new enters the race which ain't happening now).

whether you hate the democracts or hate the republicans i believe it is not a valid point to say that neither side has a chance to win now in light of the world events, etc.

just sayin

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
perfect,

I hope my emails to you clarified why I feel that way. I am hoping that I am wrong.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
dzzy,

In response to your question; From the Republican pool of candidates who are currently running or being mention as possibly joining the run, I believe Fred Thompson is the only Republican who can unite the majority of Republican voters, as well as the conservative Independents, like myself and the Libertarians. The other Republicans, in my HO, only unite a fraction of those voters leaving many disenchanted, or apathetic to the field of Republicans.

On the Democrat side I think Hillary and Obama have the best chance of winning. Some people view Hillary's being a women or married to the former President a negative. For some it is, but I think more people view them as a positive and for every one person who still won't vote for a women, I think there are 10 who will. The same applies to Obama's race. I think America is more open and progressive then some of my fellow posters believe. Even as a conservative I admire Obama taking the high road while he travels the country and introduces himself to America. He displays a warm charisma, that makes you feel comfortable in his presence and that seems honest as well as a breath of fresh air. Those things by themselves can be spun into votes by a shrewd campaign strategist.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
If the DemoRATS have any chance of winning the 08 Election it would have to be a canidate that comes out of left field that isn't in the race yet. Since that is highly unlikely giving that the two front runners have already raised record breaking funds for their campaign, the DemoRats have pretty much already handed the Repubs the Election.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
I believe that Fred Thompson will be the Repubs Canidate. I also believe that Rudy Guliani, or John McCain would also win against Either of those two.

But I do believe it will be Fred Thompson who will be in the White House in 09.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
if hillary are obama are the democratic candidate..the repubs will win for sure....

let me ask if you if you think that "the repubs will win for sure" no matter who the dems select and if no, which dem do you think actually has a chance of wining the general election.

who again will be the repubs candidate?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy wrote i think comparing bill clinton to hillary and obama is like comparing apples and oranges when it comes to election turnout. i believe there will be plenty of enlightened souls who would get the butts to the election booth to vote specifically against either one... ---------------------- Have to agree there, if one of them is the DemoRATS canidate, then the Repubs win for sure. People that never voted will come out and vote to make sure those two don't get in office. I for one am glad for that.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
TOPIC: Poll: A Surprising GOP Edge for '08