Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Politics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Quit changing to parameters."

We were talking about the revenue differential after tax increases and tax cuts. Did the Bush tax cuts apply to corporate income taxes or individual income taxes?

(Actually, even if you look at total revenue instead of just individual income tax revenue, your assertion still doesn't pan out).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Too bad you're not bright enough to continue reading"

Was there something else after "That's total bullshit" that I missed?

#NotVeryBright

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Individual income tax revenues rose"

You should run for office. lol. Quit changing to parameters.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17456 posts)
"Hard for me to argue with such a well-reasoned thesis. "

Too bad you're not bright enough to continue reading

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17456 posts)
"total federal revenue grew at a faster rate during the three years following the Bush tax cuts than it did during the three Clinton boom years of 1998-2000."

You might be using some wrong figures. 

Individual income tax revenues rose steadily over the eight years following Clinton's 1993 tax increase, and were 95% higher in FY 2001 than the year before the increase ($994 B in '01 vs $510 B in FY 1993). 

After all of Bush's tax cuts became effective in January of 2003, it took five years for individual tax revenues to return to the level they were before Bush took office. Even in the best year they increased only a total of 17% over those in Clinton's last year ($1,163 B in FY 'O7 vs $994 B in '01). 

Clinton raised tax rates, increased revenue, and turned deficits into surpluses to reduce the debt. Bush did just the opposite. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Perf, your attempt to say that the 1997 cap gains tax measure caused a spike in venture capital investment is so laughable that I won't embarrass you by pointing out why. Unless you really believe that shit and want me to set you straight on that too.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"The surpluses came from revenue growth, due in large part to the 1993 tax increase, " 

That's total bullshit. ================================= Hard for me to argue with such a well-reasoned thesis. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Social Security passed by Democrats, Medicare/Medicaid passed by democrats"

--Social Security was approved 372-33 in the House and 77-6 in the Senate. Medicare/Medicaid was approved 307-116 and 70-24. Seems broadly bi-partisan to me. 

"Food Stamps - - passed by Democrats"

--The welfare and food stamp program in existence since 1997 was enacted by a Republican-controlled Congress. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Democrats are responsible for most of the 'mandatory' spending.

Tax and spend.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17456 posts)
Perf, I guess you do not agree that Clinton's surpluses came from revenue growth that "in large part resulted from" the 1993 tax increase.

But if Fun had said that the surpluses came from revenue growth that "followed" the 1993 tax increase, you would not be able to contradict his statement, would you?

The 1993 tax increase might not have proved that raising taxes will stimulate the economy, but it pretty well disproved the argument that tax increases only stifle the economy.

Markets like when governments exercise fiscal responsibility, even if some tax increases are part of the mix.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 270   End
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares