Politics--Who Cares : Swingers Discussion 2071581051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPolitics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"that there are "serious difficulties with the argument that the organized venture capital industry has grown in the last decade because of reduced taxes on the investing public."

Do you understand what that means? I don't think you do..

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
"Lol, we're discussing whether a 1997 tax cut brought about the technology boom and you cite a paper written a decade earlier, in the 80's. Smart move. "

It's DIRECTLY about cap gains and VC.. Try providing a SOURCE dipshit.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
"Yep - look at the increases fall from 1994 until the TAX CUT of 1997!! "

The revenue growth rate the first year after the tax hike (FY 1994), was higher than any other year except for the high point of the dot com boom, 2000. Are you seriously suggesting that the 1997 reduction in cap gains taxes fueled the technology boom? Or that a '97 tax rate reduction increased tax revenues throughout the decade? Or that the tax rate increase in '93 did not, in fact, result in higher revenue collections?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"From MIT - not from a 'friend' nber . org/chapters/c10945 . pdf"

Lol, we're discussing whether a 1997 tax cut brought about the technology boom and you cite a paper written a decade earlier, in the 80's. Smart move.

But you really ought to read more than the headlines and actually understand something before citing it; your MIT paper actually agrees with me, not you, that there are "serious difficulties with the argument that the organized venture capital industry has grown in the last decade because of reduced taxes on the investing public."

BTW, you can find the same venture capital stats that I cited earlier (from my friend at Reuters), on the National Venture Capital Association's website. nvca. org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=579

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Doesn't a flat tax also include a national sales tax?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
Mickey,

"But Clinton was not wasteing Billions of dollars either like uhh Billion to Soros to drill in other countrys after shutting down our off shore drilling and Billions to other Countrys who hate our guts,,,BIG DIFERENCE.."

Mickey, you are a oil rig grunt. If all the work that was available to you was overseas in those so-called enemy countries you would take you broke, happy to have a job there too. And don't tell me you woldn't becasue I know quite a few construction workers who went to Kuwait after the US drove Iraq out. Those simple idiots were willing to possibly be abducted and beheaded because they didn't have to pay Fed taxes on the first 80 grand they made. They thought it was worth it. Do you?

I'm thinking after you do your two week on two week off from the rigs you take more from the Feds on the side on your "side business." Do you claim all the revenue you and Bubba make from shrimping and crawldads? Just asking Forest...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
"PEOPLE: A FLAT TAX would solve the debate. A larger economy would bring in more tax revenue."

So what would happen if the rich folks decided it wasn't fair to them and decided to quit buyng or investing?

Would the collective poor be able to fill the lost revenue?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
capital gains rates do influence VC, but there are more factors such as supply and demand.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
From MIT - not from a 'friend'

nber . org/chapters/c10945 . pdf

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
"1994 1,258,566 9.03% 1995 1,351,790 7.41% 1996 1,453,053 7.49% 1997 1,579,232 8.68% 1998 1,721,728 9.02% 1999 1,827,452 6.14% 2000 2,025,191 10.82% 2001 1,991,082 -1.68%

Yep - look at the increases fall from 1994 until the TAX CUT of 1997!!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 270   End
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares