Politics--Who Cares : Swingers Discussion 2071581031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPolitics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Wow Robert man you really have no clue do ya?

Mickey,

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
Having:

"And if the 26 million unemployed were working making money? they would be spending taxable money, Uhhhh I think thats how we genarate revanue?"

Yes, Show me a nation with a zero unemployment rate?

Do you even understand what a standard of living is? Or why it is important to maintain jobs that pay better wages than slave shops? Which by the way, you would have us all working, if you allowed employers to reduce wages below minimum wage to get the other 26 million into work.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7423 posts)
"A 2.3 % decline in anything as a percent of GDP is a LOT. "

ya, it's just crazy that Owebama has increased debt/gdp by almost 15 percent.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16953 posts)
Oh, I thought you were still stuck on individual tax receipts, which remained around 8% . hahahahaha!

heritage . org/federalbudget/income-tax-receipts

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16953 posts)
Not sure what your point is about taxes as a percent of GDP, but a smart guy like you ought to at least get his figures right. Total tax receipts in FY 2001 were 19.6 % of GDP and within three years after the tax cuts had fallen to 17.3 % in 1984. A 2.3 % decline in anything as a percent of GDP is a LOT.

There were several tax increases later in Reagan's term and in GWH Bush's term that inched revenues back up, and revenues remained in the range of 18 % until Clinton's tax increase. They got as high as 20.6 % of GDP in 2000, then dropped sharply after GWB cut taxes.

Incidentally, for all the Tea Party/GroverNorquist/Heritage peeps who think that having low taxes is a cure-all: The past three years, tax collections have hovered at just over 15 % of GDP, the lowest levels, by far, in over 60 years. How's that working out for you?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
People like Robert do not understand that we could have a much lower tax bracket all the way around, And if the 26 million unemployed were working making money? they would be spending taxable money, Uhhhh I think thats how we genarate revanue?

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
Individual income tax only makes up about 50% of total tax receipts. When tax rates were lowered from 70 percent to 28 percent, during the Reagan Administration, tax receipts remained relatively constant as a percent of GDP.

You know this, you're just trying to squirm of your spin I called 'bullshit' on. Sorry, that doesn't work with people that are smarter than you.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16953 posts)
perf,,Some just do not understand or Do not even care.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
Are you REALLY dumb enough to talk about debts and deficits without talking about total receipts? Or are you dumb enough not to understand the overall impact of raising or lowing taxes on an economy as a whole? When people have more money they tend to spend more on things that are taxed, which generates more revenue. A rise in individual tax receipts means little of the total receipts don't go up.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16953 posts)
"It would be great as soon as Mitt does win and like in the 90's we had more work than we could handle.

Mikey, Just when I think it is impossible for you to post something even more stupid, there you go and out do yourself. You better get those stents checked out as I think the blood flow to your brain is rapidly diminishing. You DO know that for all but the first two years of the 90's we had a Democratic POTUS.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 270   End
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares