Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Politics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who_Cares
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 27  Next »
141 to 150 of 270
User Details are only visible to members.
...and/or attempting to get laid.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
Gotta run all, it's been uplifting to working constructively together to solve the world's great problems....

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
"There is so much information that goes into a decision like this....much of which we will never be privy to."

Not only information, but also personal, political and bureaucratic agendas of those providing the information and advice.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
I forgot that Clinton did not just inform the Bush family, he informed the whole world.

call me Alzheimertard

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
Robert, only because it took all of ten seconds will I dignify your request for me to cite....

U.S. Strikes Iraq for Plot to Kill Bush By David Von Drehle and R. Jeffrey Smith Washington Post Staff Writers Sunday, June 27, 1993; Page A01

U.S. Navy ships launched 23 Tomahawk missiles against the headquarters of the Iraqi Intelligence Service yesterday in what President Clinton said was a "firm and commensurate" response to Iraq's plan to assassinate former president George Bush in mid-April.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2383 posts)
To those making the claim that you will block me... ok, free nation and the site gives you that power. I however haven't found you in my blocked list and when you block someone, you appear in their list as this side blocks both from seeing the other.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
marit:

"Before Bush took office Bill Clinton was asserting that Saddam had WMD's and was the greatest threat in the world to use them. He also informed the Bush family that Saddam had actively plotted to assassinate George Senior on a trip to Kuwait."

Site the part where Saddam actively plotted to assassinate George Senior? (namely if while president of the US.)

I do believe that when you leave the safety of the US, you are taking your life into your own hands to a degree. You lose some level of protection. That said, if we can blast your attackers from sea, or in the case of piracy, sink the pirates ships and destroy their docks... We should.

However you should accept that when you leave your national boarders... you are at a degree of less safety and shouldn't expect vengeance to be exacted. We aren't Israel, we have to cross an ocean on either side to find these kinds of threats... Unless we go south into Mexico. Either way, you chose to leave the safety of the US... Go hire Black water or something.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
This is nice!!! So much less garbage now.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19575 posts)
"Almost certainly Bush's decision was based on some combination of all the above (and myriad other factors) and I doubt that a bunch of casual observers on an internet sex site could know what constituted the "essence" of Bush's decision; as JFK opined, even the President himself would likely have a hard time pinpointing it."

Kudos!

There is so much information that goes into a decision like this....much of which we will never be privy to.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19575 posts)
Akron:

"Alright, Semantic-boy. Did we go to war because Bush wanted OIL or did we go to war because the UN built a coalition to take out Saddam and his threat?"

Neither, we didn't ship oil from Iraq to the US without paying for it first. (How the proper procedure to conquer a nation and make it pay for the damages for conquering it.) And as for a coalition... please. Lucky if all of our coalition combined equaled half of what the US sent. If the world isn't going to send an equal or all of their military might while producing more to equal our own... then it isn't anything more than them throwing token forces.

Token forces are throw away forces, forces that you don't need/want. This was a US lead endeavorer, nothing more. Where the pay off for Bush came in, was likely in the way of the military industrial complex and Darth Chainy gaining more money form his investments in said complex. (as well as other contributers and friends of the Bush admin.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 27  Next »
141 to 150 of 270
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.