Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Politics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who_Cares
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 27  Next »
121 to 130 of 270
User Details are only visible to members.
Oi!

I think we should lock Robert and Falls in a room together and see what happens.....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
We've met. Talk to me again when you reach the age of 30 and have a little more life experience. And yes, your military career counts as that. We all make choices and live with the consequences. I certainly have, and blame no one but myself. Even for being homeless when I was so. It sometimes came down/comes down to life or death and I chose to live.

What you're looking to describe but instead tout in yourself is called integrity. People who have real integrity do not need to tout it or explain it. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
Lets see here, I paid for my own college years... and ended up buying garbage. So yes I have the right to complain about the garbage I bought, I paid for it with my own blood... I went to war for that money.

I explain to you people where I come from, what happened to me to shape my mind into what it is today... But I have not once asked for Unemployment while unemployed, I have not asked for welfare, despite making under 15k a year and likely could qualify for some kind of welfare medical for my rotting teeth.

I work, I am saving for dental repair work.

I work, and then prefect my writing skills.

I work, Then help take care of my aging parents, help my sisters realize their dreams of education by use of my car when ever needed.

I work, then help my parents pay for bills that they can't cover.

I work, then help upgrade the house, while my sisters take off doing what ever.

I work while doing all of these things and more, but I also haven't taken a penny of your tax payer money that I would make available for others to have while living the conditions I live in now.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
Gina, meet Robert.

Robert,

Show me anyone here who says "the schools should be closed" and "teachers should be paid minimum wage." In fact, show me anyone, anywhere, of any reputation (any bozo can post on an anonymous internet forum) who has said either of those things.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28750 posts)
sex:

"the Occoquan Workhouse in Virginia "

Virgina... theres your problem.... not really, I am sure things like this happened elsewhere. We after all had to fight a civil war to free the blacks... humans who would not see something resembling Equality until the late 60s... over a hundred years sense the civil war.

Ignorance can not be reasoned with, it hides from the light of illumination and fears education. This is why the neo-cons want the schools closed, teachers working for minimum wage. Because they know that no one would teach if they weren't going to make more money than a ignorant factory worker.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
And here's the snap.... The catch, the place.....

And a kick swing, and a miss....

Charlie "Robert" Brown has done it again. Good grief. Gonna break his tail bone with falls like that.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2777 posts)
People do not like to take accountability and resposnibilty for their own actions that's all. So do not give robert a hard time. After all he thinks in Bianary code so its just the programming put into his head that causes him to function.

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
"You get out of ANYTHING exactly what you put INTO it. Nothing more, nothing less. "

amen.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
Good grief Robert, please stop. Is there NOTHING that has happened to you that WAS your fault?

You get out of ANYTHING exactly what you put INTO it. Nothing more, nothing less.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
In response to the OP, this was sent to me by a friend:

This is the story of our Mothers and Grandmothers who lived only 90 years ago. Remember, it was not until 1920 that women were granted the right to go to the polls and vote. The women were innocent and defenseless, but they were jailed nonetheless for picketing the White House, carrying signs asking for the vote. And by the end of the night, they were barely alive. Forty prison guards wielding clubs and their warden's blessing went on a rampage against the 33 women wrongly convicted of 'obstructing sidewalk traffic.'

They beat Lucy Burns, chained her hands to the cell bars above her head and left her hanging for the night, bleeding and gasping for air. They hurled Dora Lewis into a dark cell, smashed her head against an iron bed and knocked her out cold. Her cell mate, Alice Cosu, thought Lewis was dead and suffered a heart attack. Additional affidavits describe the guards grabbing, dragging, beating, choking, slamming, pinching, twisting and kicking the women.

Thus unfolded the Night of Terror on Nov. 15,1917, when the warden at the Occoquan Workhouse in Virginia ordered his guards to teach a lesson to the suffragists imprisoned there because they dared to picket Woodrow Wilson's White House for the right to vote. For weeks, the women's only water came from an open pail. Their food, all of it colorless slop, was infested with worms.

When one of the leaders, Alice Paul, embarked on a hunger strike, they tied her to a chair, forced a tube down her throat and poured liquid into her until she vomited. She was tortured like this for weeks until word was smuggled out to the press.

We have no excuse not to vote.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 27  Next »
121 to 130 of 270
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.