Politics--Who Cares : Swingers Discussion 2071581011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPolitics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert you won't/cannot see it but your last post shows just how sophomoric, if not just plain an idiot you and your posts are. You have no idea of actual current events do you! You read no newspapers, listen to no news radio stations or even go to the news available here on the i-net. This event happened in your state! You had no idea until you read about it here! All of your information comes from some sort of communist feed. That is your only source of information. Open your mind some how. Or are you not allowed to? This is not a communist state, yet. We still live by the Constitution. No one is going to march you off to the Gulag for listening to a broadcast not on your commissars approval list. There is a whole world out here Robert.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

Without knowing the standard of living of the neighborhood, my knee jerk reaction would have to be that the local area is low income housing. Sadly the cleaner and more up-kept an area is, the higher the cost of living is in that area as the value of the property rises.

If the above is correct, then this becomes complicated as you have two sides of this battle, both with equal and important points which completely conflict with each other.

On the one side, you have the man who spent his own money to improve his land by improving the land around him. (a good deed) This allows this man to resell his property for more than it was worth before. (as the worth of your property isn't just your property but the environment in which it exist.)

On the other side (if the area is low income housing or low income businesses, just hanging on), the property value just rose as the environment has been improved. This has historically placed lower income people out of their rented apartments and also can cause those paying down loans (to a bank) to find themselves having to pay more on that loan or lease to own property.

This can put not only low income tenets out of their apartments (as the owners raise their rates now, as a result of the environment improving) But the lease values to rise and place smaller businesses handing on by silk rope to fail.

If you focus only on this man who did a good deed by cleaning up trash at his own expense... You blind yourself to secondary effects and a greater picture.

But as I have said, I do not know the environment that this situation exist in, so I present one side not presented before.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
Democratic party ran Government at it's best! A business developer in the Philadelphia neighborhood of Point Breeze is facing legal action after voluntarily cleaning up more than 40 tons of trash from a vacant lot neighboring his local business. As the old adage goes, no good deed goes unpunished. Ori Feibush says he visited the local offices of the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority four times, sent in seven written requests and made 24 phone calls to the agency asking them to take care of a major eyesore: an empty lot next to his coffee shop was home to more than 40 tons of debris. Not only did the agency fail to act but it also denied Feibush's offer to clean up the mess himself. But the Daily News reports that Feibush went ahead with his plans anyway, reportedly spending more than $20,000 of his own money not only to remove the trash but also to level the soil; add cherry trees, fencing and park benches; and repave the sidewalk. "This was a lot of garbage," local resident Elaine McGrath told the paper. "Now it's gorgeous. I'm excited." However, the city agency was less excited, demanding that Feibush return the vacant lot to its previous condition and saying it is considering legal action against him. "Like any property owner, [the authority] does not permit unauthorized access to or alteration of its property," Paul D. Chrystie, director of communications at the Office of Housing and Community Development told the paper. "This is both on principle (no property owner knowingly allows trespassing) and to limit taxpayer liability." And the situation is not without irony. Feibush says he received a citation in August 2011 from the city for litter on the same lot that the city now points out is not his property. Nonetheless, the city's request puts Feibush in an unusual position. In theory, he committed a good deed, investing his own time and money to improve the condition of his neighborhood when city authorities refused to step up to the plate. But he also knowingly did so after the city refused his request to intervene. The situation is almost like a reverse case of eminent domain , in which a private owner is attempting to revitalize a piece of public property. For his part, Feibush thinks the city agency is jealous. "For a private developer to create a garden, it's a question of who gets credit. To do it without their blessing, you're basically insulting them," he said. "I'm not looking for a thank-you, but I'm not looking for a big F.U." I bet the housing folks were waiting for it to get so bad the Fed's would have to come up with a $2 million grant to clean it up. They lost a lot of graft money!

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
again robert big boy undies not huggies pull ups

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Fall:

The health of the global economy is reflected in and by the health of thr US economy.

We can not remain above the clouds while 3/4 of the world is in the mud. They can never afford to buy from us, while we are so high and they so low... But they can always sell to us whole beig lower. While selling to we in the ivory tower, they deterioate the towers base and hastens its fall.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
so globalize the economy so jobs go overseas? how is that good for the U.S. economy? Screw the world America First

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Fall:

Stop welfare, and John doe can't buy goods/services. If John Doe doesn't buy, others lose their jobs. Without welfare, the unemployed become hungry and violent. The more unemployed hungry masses there are, the more likely the military will have more family amongst the hungry masses.

So go right in ahead and protect the rich employers, the top 1% who make money while these jobs are closing.

As more jobs close, those at the top should be losing more money and paying more in taxes as they aren't making jobs.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
I know this election I am not really a fan of either canidate but plain and simple it is this way for me:

Obama has not created jobs and more jobs are being lost. We are heading for national bankruptcey if we keep going the way we are and the economy is shit.

this election really depends for me on who can create jobs and get the economy back on track. we have had four years or promises that were not met and lack of responsibility in the Whitehouse so lets give a new man a try

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Lucky:

I must go out and apply for jobs without a gerantee of employment, a stable wage or a wage I want. Where are the job makers? They cowar because they have no garentees of a stable economy... Something they will never have... So they will never make new jobs.

So save the (drop jobless claims/unemployment claims) reports until that 2 trillion the private sector keeps outside the US, back to the US.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
387000 New requests for Unemployment. 2 weeks in a row.

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 270   End
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares