Politics--Who Cares : Swingers Discussion 20715810101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPolitics--Who Cares
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
And before you misunderstand my comments, both parties have contributed to the fiscal irresponsibility. To generalize, Dems have taken the lead in supporting social program and entitlement spending at levels that are unsustainable unless healthcare costs are reigned in. Repubs have written blank checks in other areas, primarily for military but also for entitlements (e.g., their huge expansion of Medicare via Part D). 

The main difference between the parties in terms of deficits and the debt, has been that Dems favored tax rates to pay for the spending, while Repubs favored cutting taxes and putting the spending on the national credit card. 

If anyone wants to label Dems as tax-and-spenders, they ought to be honest and label Repubs as borrow-and-spenders. Debt results from the latter, not the former. 

#JustForTheHellOfIt

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
What's up with the hash-tags Fun?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
"Seems like 120 months to me."

You left out the first half of 2001 when Republicans controlled Congress until Jeffords defected and became an Independent. 

Also, the last two months of 2002 after Wellstone died and Jean Carnahan was replaced in a special election. The debt increased by about $120 billion in those two months even though Congress wasn't in session. (Which, in itself, is more proof of the silliness involved in your attributing debt incurred during a given month to the party controlling Congress that particular month). 

#FunnyNumbers

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Perf, your deficit-by-the-month exercise is cute. If there were a way for Repubs to claim all the credit for the Clinton budget surpluses while avoiding all blame for the huge deficits caused by the Bush Recession, I felt sure you would find it. Congrats on a very nice piece of simplistic spin.

To arrive at your observation that the debt increased under Repub congresses by an average of $27 billion per month compared to $83 billion per month under Dem congresses, you resort to averaging figures from wildly divergent years and circumstances. 

Example: Debt increased by about $26 billion per month in 1993-94 under a Dem Congress. Dems lost control of Congress in 1994 and didn't regain it until 2007. By that time baseline spending had increased enormously, and tax rates had been slashed. Coupled with the huge deficit effects of the recession, deficits automatically topped $100 billion per month without any "help" from the Dems. 

Averaging those monthly deficits with the $26 billion/month from the early 90's is sort of like saying that Wilt Chamberlin and I once averaged 50 points in a game. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Democrats spend 3 times as much as Republicans."

That's false, and even your superficial and simplistic debt-by-the-month figures don't address spending. Deficits and spending, while related to each other, are not the same thing. 

The size of a deficit or surplus isn't determined solely by appropriated spending; it's also a function of revenue and the impact of other economic conditions that are baked into the pie long before the month in question. 

Example: Spending growth was 3.7% in the first two years of Clinton's term (1993-94, under a Dem-controlled Congress), about the same as under the last six years with a Repub Congress.  

The surpluses during the last few years of Clinton's administration weren't due only to restrained spending growth; they resulted from much higher revenue growth from an expanding economy and the tax revenue increases enacted in 1993. Repubs had unanimously opposed those tax increases, but you give them credit for the resulting surpluses. 

I've already discussed this at length, to which you had no reply. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Somebody let me know if Fun Ahoy slinks back in here."

Perf, I've been busy with storm cleanup and slinked back in here mainly to see if Mickey had any tips for how I might glom off the government. But I notice that you never responded to any of the questions I  asked you here. 

I asked you, twice, for examples of any specific measures adopted since 2008 that increased the deficit. What I'm really interested in is your estimate of how much of the recent deficits was caused by the recession via automatic stabilizers, as opposed to being caused by any specific legislation that those Congresses voted on. 

I doubted your ability to discuss the real issue of deficits and debt in any depth beyond simplistic superficialities. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Amen on the Integrity. People who are known for their integrity usually do not know they have it because its part of them

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
I wasent talking about work I was talking about the interview

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Fall:

"I see how you have had bad jobs that you complain about did you ever think that maybe because you are so argumentative and somewhat of a know it all maybe that is why you cannot get the positions you wanted in the past? "

First, when I am at work, I don't talk, I work.

Second I went to college for computer graphic... Found that for the most part, you are moving from city to city every 1-2 years... You can't have a family like that when you must move around for 20 years to have the experience for long term employment.

Third, I am not being argumentative with you folk, I don't bother with those whom I would want to change their minds. I am here mostly for amusement at your ignorance and hate. You for example hate the idea of change, you hate the fact that societies must change or they die. This is proven by how tightly you cling to a version/interpretation of the constitution that never existed but in your mind. And how you refuse to learn new languages to be competitive in your field of study.

No, you folk amuse me when I need a break from writing. Reminds me why I left the military... ignorant folk who kiss the boots that kick them.

"There is a time to hold your tongue and a time to speak up. There is also a way of coming across as being intelligent with out being a know it all."

Well, you should practice this line in a mirror as you really need to take your own advice to heart. You know nothing about human societies and how societies that do not change and adapt to the needs of the people... collapse or die in violent revolt.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7480 posts)
Robert I notice you talk about how bad your college experience was So why did you go?

I see how you have had bad jobs that you complain about did you ever think that maybe because you are so argumentative and somewhat of a know it all maybe that is why you cannot get the positions you wanted in the past?

There is a time to hold your tongue and a time to speak up. There is also a way of coming across as being intelligent with out being a know it all.

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 270   End
TOPIC: Politics--Who Cares