Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Politicians Behaving Badly
TOPIC: Politicians_Behaving_Badly
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »
17 to 26 of 96
User Details are only visible to members.
I just saw that.

So we are expected to believe that she made an error in judgement. A 24-hour error in judgement, since the comments were made across more than one interview.

I mean, yeah - people are really stupid. But I'd rather her just be honest instead of treating us like morons by expecting anyone to believe that she didn't realize what she was doing.

Some people more in the know than myself say that this is in violation of some bar association rules in her state of licensure. While she (or any judge) would not likely face disbarment for such actions, a reprimand would be warranted, especially given her stature and the highly public nature of her actions.

I don't care what conservatives you trot out to distract from this. It needs to be dealt with. I'm not calling for her removal, I'm calling for a reprimand from her boss, her acceptance of it, and that can be the end of it. This is not unreasonable at all.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
Ginsburg has now apologized for bashing Trump.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19612 posts)
I can see that we are done here.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
That goddam hag, Ginsburg, should resign. If she doesn't, then she should recuse herself from every case that is before her as a result of any action of a possible future Trump administration.

There's a reason federal judges don't make public opinion statements about any presidential candidate. This communist hag crossed the line!

Aww. Am I being disrespectful to all women by saying this? NO! Just massively disrespectful to one woman who just earned it!

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1362 posts)
This is a step up from Scalia (or another of them) giving a speech at a conservative event.

But pales in comparison with Bush v. Gore.

Yeah it would be nice if we could all play by the rules.

But that is not the way of the world.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19612 posts)
This seems to be a big step up in degree. Do you not think that this should be nipped in the bud before it gets worse?

Other things such as speaking at a partisan event are implicit as opposed to explicit endorsements or disparagements. I don't like that either, but this is worse.

It seems that all bets are off if this isn't addressed. I don't want that. I don't think you do either.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
Well, we could probably debate whether talking bad about a candidate is worse than putting a guy in the actual office when he didn't win it...

But I digress...

I'm just pointing out that this has been going on for quite some time.

But somehow it never bothers people when their side is doing it. Only when the other guys are doing it.

That last is not directed at you specifically, just a general comment...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19612 posts)
I read it. That article is far less dismissive of it than you are.

Since I thought we were in agreement that justifying bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior, I'd say that pointing out less bad behavior as grounds for non-action on the matter is a really weak argument.

So that article basically says (paraphrasing, but I think fairly)

- Yes, it was unprecedentedly inappropriate for her to do that.

- The precedent she is setting is very bad. It really should be slammed in every way possible. This has nothing to do with Trump but about judicial misconduct.

-That all said, she's doing it because Trump is almost Hitler and that sorta makes it OK.

It's gotta stop. This defense of abuses of power because one happens to like the outcome in this particular situation is what will make future distasteful presidents/judges/whatever even more abusive and brazen.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
FWIW, Slate has an article on this subject...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19612 posts)
I think the horse is already out of the barn.

Conservative justices have been making political speeches for quite some time.

Then there was the whole Bush v. Gore thing...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19612 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »
17 to 26 of 96
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.