Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Politicians Behaving Badly
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
OK, here's an idea for a thread which I'm pretty sure will be derailed anyway, but let's give it a go.

Bonus points when the bad behavior is especially contradictory to a position the politician in question is well known to take (such as a rabid anti-gay politician caught bangin' male prostitutes).

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 43   End
User Details are only visible to members.
An outgoing Tennessee state senator is not going away quietly.

Jim Summerville, a 66-year-old Republican from Dickson, was arrested twice over the weekend over incidents involving his neighbor, police said.

On Friday, police said, Summerville was arrested and charged with stalking neighbor Cecilia Donaven. He was later released on bail.

Summerville, whose term in the Tennessee Senate is up later this year, was arrested again Saturday on assault charges after allegedly leaving jail and threatening Donaven. This time he was released on $10,000 bond on the condition he would stay away from Donaven.

Donaven told WSMV-TV that Summerville has repeatedly harassed her, thrown toilet paper at her home and shined flashlights in her windows and at people coming in and out of her house.

"Every minute I'm in this house, he's watching me," Donaven said. "Every minute, he wants to see what I'm doing."

She called police after Summerville allegedly held a sign facing her house that read, "Just keep it up, you've been warned."

"Every minute, I don't know what I'm coming home to," Donaven added. "I would just like him to live his life on his property and leave me alone. I am very frightened of him."

In a statement, Summerville denied the allegations and said he plans to sue the police department.

"The City of Dickson Police Department is engaging a systematic campaign of harassment," his statement read. "(Stalking! At my age?) Once these charges are resolved in court, I shall be suing the City of Dickson. Settlement negotiations will start at one million dollars."

In August, Summerville lost his bid for re-election in the Republican primary. Last month, he was arrested after several Dickson residents complained the one-term senator was sitting and drinking in their yards.

"Over the past few weeks, we've been receiving several complaints from his neighbors about the harassing and stalking," Lt. Todd Christian told the Tennessean.

Officers were called to the scene "after witnesses said an intoxicated male was walking down the street with a lawn-chair," Christian told the newspaper.

Summerville was booked at the Dickson County jail and released on $2,000 bond. He was also cited for carrying an open container.

Sally McCoy, another neighbor, said the tensions with Summerville began when residents complained that his dogs were wandering the neighborhood.

"Everybody else follows the codes, and he just seems to do what he wants to do," McCoy told WSMV-TV.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
~It's not an easy decision. Animal breeding scientists will argue if it is a JiffyPopper or a CrackerJacker. How does a donkey become a mule? Trace the DNA of a '70's strain within the Republican't Party and you may find a viral contagion dangerous to the American citizen population. CrackerJack70 or JiffyPop70. Depends in the 'Y' chromosome infection.~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
Justus:

No, we won't be tearing into you this time, we will laugh with your back turned to us, but we will pat your head like one does to a scared child and try to reassure you that there are no ghost or monsters under your bed. Now run along with your security blanket you call your boom stick.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I am sure I will get tore up over this, but this has been planned for decades and really put into motion when the POS POTUS took office. Keep your guns loaded and ready.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5107 posts)
U.S. Homeland Security Department adviser Mohamed Elibiary resigns following tweets about the "inevitable" return of the Caliphate, and "misreading" of 9/11.

Mohamed Elibiary, a controversial senior adviser to the U.S. Homeland Security Department, stepped down Sept. 3 from his position after receiving backlash for a controversial post he made on Twitter in June.

Responding to a question about the Islamic State group, Elibiary wrote, "As I've said b4 inevitable that 'Caliphate' returns."

The tweet was part of a string of posts deemed inappropriate for a senior government advisor, including one where he said he considered the United States to be an "Islamic country" and another where he suggested that those in the national security "uber hawks camp misread 9/11."

After the June tweet, Elibiary was asked if he supported the "inevitable Caliphate," and he responded by saying that the U.S. is moving towards engaging with radical Islamic groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood, The Washington Free Beacon reported.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
Damn.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5107 posts)
The thing is that people like Z are *so* invested in a party that they consider their party's victories and setbacks as their own personal victories and setbacks. McDonnell's conviction is no more my loss than Blagojovich or however you spell it is his - i.e. zero.

You'd think we'd be saturated with this story, but the truth is Virginians themselves barely paid attention. I have not had even one person mention the story to me, and the local news didn't talk about it much. I'm not sure why. The National media, bent on making political hay out of it, gave it much more attention.

Anyway - I want corrupt politicians removed from office and jailed (if appropriate) with no regards to their party. Bad Democrats, Republicans, etc should all be treated with the same disdain, and unlike some fucktards I fully understand that both parties are rife with them.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
Good. I hope they rot in jail. I also hope this sends a message to the rest of the corrupt bastards. You think the republicans are the only ones doing this crap?

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2763 posts)
If Z didn't insist on blocking everyone, he'd know that we already mentioned it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
~Here's one for your topic, CrackerJack33:

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife were convicted Thursday of using his office to promote a dietary supplement in exchange for gifts in a public corruption case that derailed the career of a onetime rising Republican star.

A federal jury in Richmond convicted Bob McDonnell of 11 of the 13 counts he faced; Maureen McDonnell was convicted of nine of the 13 counts she had faced. Sentencing was scheduled for Jan. 6. Both bowed their heads and wept as a chorus of "guilty" kept coming from the court clerk.

The couple left the courtroom separately and remained apart. Bob McDonnell left first and walked into a witness waiting room; Maureen McDonnell came out later, hugging one of her daughters while weeping loudly. She went into a separate waiting room.

The couple was charged with doing favors for a wealthy vitamin executive in exchange for more than $165,000 in gifts and loans. They also were charged with submitting fraudulent bank loan applications, and Maureen McDonnell was charged with one count of obstruction.

[Seems the people of Virginia have a sense of fair play].

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 43   End
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly