Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Politicians Behaving Badly
TOPIC: Politicians_Behaving_Badly
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
OK, here's an idea for a thread which I'm pretty sure will be derailed anyway, but let's give it a go.

Bonus points when the bad behavior is especially contradictory to a position the politician in question is well known to take (such as a rabid anti-gay politician caught bangin' male prostitutes).

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »
1 to 10 of 96
User Details are only visible to members.
Good grief I never said that or anything remotely comparable to it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
Why is it when conservatives do something it is expected, but when liberals do it it is an existential threat to democracy?

Yeah, better late than never.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19759 posts)
Good point

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
Late is better than never. And the longer we let it go the worse it gets and harder it will be to stop.

This is a bit special because it's so glaring and public, and could be construed as an attempt to influence our democracy.

Whether or not one likes the influence is totally beside the point.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
"It should have been done some time ago."

Agreed.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19759 posts)
I want it to stop from slipping further. These sorts of things keep inching along, incrementally getting worse. Yesterday's speech at a conservative event turns into today's interview bashing a candidate turns into tomorrow's open campaigning for someone or publicly deriding a president.

As for the "that's terrible" - also inappropriate. A little different for an off-the-cuff 2-word remark vs a 2-day interview.

But again.. inching along... people tend to tolerate changes to badness provided they happen really slowly. We need to reel this in. It should have been done some time ago.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
Tom, yep, my bad.

I read that open statement as to pertaining to "all" judges, not just SCOTUS.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1157 posts)
Oh, c'mon VA. Critical for the prestige of the court?

Have you seen the SCOTUS approval ratings lately?

While I do find Ginsberg's comments unbecoming, I also find Scalia giving speeches at the Federalist Society unbecoming. I find Thomas' wife being one of the heads of the Tea Party unbecoming. I find the fact that the Republican Senate will not even hold hearings on Obama's nominee unbecoming.

I would like more judges like Breyer, who keep their head down and are not overly partisan. But humans have free will.

As far a recusal, where were the calls for Sandra Day O'Connor to recuse herself in Bush v Gore when she said "That's terrible" on national television when Florida was originally called for Gore?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19759 posts)
Dealing with this properly will have two beneficial effects:

1. Maintaining the prestige and integrity of the court. This is critical, IMO. By taking this step she threatens not only her credibility but the image of the entire court. It *must* be dealt with.

2. In the event that a president Trump *does* happen, she may need to recuse herself from any cases where his administration is a litigant. I don't know a lot about this, but brighter people than myself say this is the case.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
On a side note. I beat David Ruiz and William Wayne Justice in a law suit with a jury trial. WWJ tried his best to sway the jury during the trial. My attorneys objected to his input directed at me about Ruiz vs Estelle and why I would likely retaliate against him. But guess what...Judge Justice was PISSED when the verdict came back. After the judge lifted "The rule" all of the members of the jury met me in the lobby of the courthouse to thank me for the job that I do. One little bitty black woman hugged me and said: "Keep an eye on that son of a bitch. (referring to Ruiz} He will cut your throat in a minute. I had identified him with the State Classification Committee as a member of the "Mexican Mafia". That was one thing he was suing me for.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »
1 to 10 of 96
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.