Politicians Behaving Badly : Swingers Discussion 2173001021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPoliticians Behaving Badly
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
User Details are only visible to members.
I assume this applies to all level of politics, not just the Federal landscape.

www . huffingtonpost . com/2012/01/31/gregory-scott-hopkins_n_1244002.html

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - A borough councilman in Western Pennsylvania was in jail on Monday, charged with strangling a lover whose body, bound with rope, was found in her bed more than 30 years ago.

Tenacious detectives, who held onto physical evidence collected in the 1979 murder of Catherine Walsh, were credited with cracking the decades old cold case by using DNA matching, a forensic tool not even introduced when the killing occurred.

Gregory Scott Hopkins, 65, known to fellow Bridgewater Borough council members as simply Scott Hopkins, was arrested on Sunday night and charged with Walsh's killing in nearby Monaca.

"We intend to fight this," Hopkin's attorney James Ross told Reuters on Monday.

A probable cause affidavit filed with a Beaver County court said Hopkins told police in 1979 that he had been involved in a sexual relationship with Walsh, 23, but that he had not had sexual contact with her for about a month before her death.

Police who found Walsh's strangled body in her bed, her hands bound with rope, held onto crime scene evidence including the rope, a bandana, her nightgown and bedsheets.

In October 2010, with DNA matching emerging as a successful forensic tool, police submitted the evidence for DNA testing.

"The purpose of resubmitting the items was to have them examined using methods and technology that were not available to investigators at the time (the) homicide took place," the affidavit said.

Bodily fluids on the sheets, the rope and nightgown led to the arrest, police said.

Police did not immediately disclose how they obtained a DNA sample from the councilman.

Hopkins was held without bond in the Beaver County Jail, pending a court hearing on February 6.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
No need to expound on it. It may even come into common parlance. People misspoke "assert myself" as "exert myself", and now it's acceptable. Then again, it's an actual word.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No, no need to delete. I feel like a bit of a dummy - I really thought it was spelled "expouse".

Oh well... learned something today.... espouse... espouse.... espouse... espouse.... espouse... espouse....

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
VB, it just struck me as funny, halfway into my first cup of coffee. I did check, and "expouse" is not a word. "Espouse" means to marry, whether to a person or to a belief or system of beliefs.

In order to not derail the thread before it has left the station, I will delete my posts if I see you have deleted your responses to them.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Oh OK a play on words. Sorry. I thought you were talking about real people.

Yeah, I don't know why spell check doesn't recognized "expouse" as a word. Oh well.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
What?

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
Like the ayatollah who exposed his spouse?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
By the way...

I was hoping to pull in "current" examples, and not attempting to use it as a tool to attack any particular party. We all know about Weiner's wiener and Mark Sanford's Argentinian adventures. Doesn't have to necessarily be criminal, just "bad", especially if it's contrary to their expoused political beliefs or activism.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
Democratic senator pushing higher taxes faces outstanding $1,200 tax penalty

Just last week, Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu argued during a Capitol Hill hearing that the government needs more tax revenue. Now, the Louisiana senator and her husband appear to have not yet paid $1,206.95 in tax penalties to the District of Columbia government on their Capitol Hill home.

According to public records available online in the District of Columbia’s “Real Property Assessment Database,” the D.C. government has penalized Landrieu $1,003.33, plus $202.62 in interest, for 2012 taxes on her mansion on East Capitol Street. It is unclear what the penalty is for. Records going back to 2005 show that this is the third time penalties have been applied.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
OK, here's an idea for a thread which I'm pretty sure will be derailed anyway, but let's give it a go.

Bonus points when the bad behavior is especially contradictory to a position the politician in question is well known to take (such as a rabid anti-gay politician caught bangin' male prostitutes).

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
TOPIC: Politicians Behaving Badly