Pointless Discussion : Swingers Discussion 725421011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPointless Discussion
TOPIC: Pointless Discussion
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
"The target audience of the "He's a muslim" spin has been convinced, and as always with this type of bullshit spin, the truth that is uncovered later will have less credence." -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Again, I have to disagree with you. I live in an area that voted predominately Republican during this past election - Northern Nevada. To be fair the other side of Lake Tahoe (California) voted Democrat. However, getting back on point us "conservatives" here in Northern Nevada have already dismissed the story about "Obama being a Muslim" and moved on. I have not spoken to one person that does not know he is a Christian and that he was never raised as a Muslim. Many have read his book, and like me view him as a decent and good man.

As far as his politics, it seems too early to judge if he can get votes from us "evil" conservatives. Based on what little we seem to know of his political beliefs, as well as his limited voting record, right now, I would guess that most conservatives would not support him. However, I do like his fresh take on the political landscape and I will wait to see how he expands on the issues before I make a decision on whether I can or cannot support him as a Presidential candidate.

It seems the majority of people I have talked with, feel the same way. Therefore he has chance, but the "ball is in his court" to convince voters he has a real vision and plan that balances the positions of liberals and conservatives. Based on what I have heard from others, the American people can move past any "smear" regardless of where it originated from.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
And conservitives did even need to say a word, Liberals have wolves in the field and sheep dpg is asleep. The wolf is always at the door and the name is CLINTON

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"I'll stop when you stop being the appologizer and rationalizer for extreme right ideologies being expoused on this site by the bullies." --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gee JNM, I remember sticking up for you and you told me you didn't need my "support". You criticized my attempt to defend you against these "bullies' stating you could take care of yourself.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"yes but Sen she also thought Obama spent 4 years in a Muslim school in Jakarta when it was only two." ---------------------------------------------------------- Sorry JNM, we were debating how many years he attended school in JAKARTA. You need to stop reading into things that are not there.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"I love to see how a retired Lt. General, long-time member of the intelligence community, and Reagan Republican like General Odom suddenly becomes an ignorant liberal simply by staking out a position contrary to the assertions of right wing media"

"Sadly, thats how they'll spin it. Hagel casts his anchor down on the war, he's a closet liberal. Nevermind the fact that he gets a perfect 100 from the christian coalition on voting." ------------------------------------------------------------------ Both of these men gave their OPINION, and in both cases I respect their opinions. As I stated in another forum, I like Chuck Hagel, and felt he needed to speak out for those conservatives who are disappointed in this administration.

I also find it funny that the other issues that Hagel and General Odom addressed were not stated in these forums. After Hagel’s criticism of President Bush's Iraqi policy, Hagel blasted both the Democrat and Republicans for doing nothing but dividing this country. He went on and held the Democrats accountable for complaining about President Bush's Iraq policy and strategy, but clearly pointed out that they provided nothing in actual solutions. Hagel stated he and ALL members of congress were complicate and should be ashamed of themselves.

During Odom's testimony he pointed out that the members of Congress had no vested interest in our military men and women. He also pointed out that we had become a spoiled country where only 2 percent of the country has any direct relationship to the men and women who serve in uniform. Odom told the panel that it was easy to criticize and complain from the sidelines without any real understanding of the threat.

Odom went on and stated that it was his OPINION (and one I share) that this administration, as well as Congress, did not comprehend the relationship of past Persian history, Islam and it's current practiced methods within the Middle East. Odom stated that NO ONE, from the President to the Congress understands it's incompatibility with a Democratic Government. Odom felt that the mission in Iraq was a noble one, but it was doomed to failure due to the religious aspects of how Islam is practiced within the Middle East. Odom even did a verbal comparison on the differences of how Muslims view government and religion differently from continent to continent.

The point is President Bush has made errors; but not for oil, not for big business, but out of what he believed to be an honorable, but as it turned out, a flawed cause. The question(s) are what is to be done to fix it. All we hear is a rehashing of what Bush is doing wrong, NOT any SPECIFIC options or strategies to move forward.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"the tube actually tried to ban the conservatives by using get this......copyright infringment laws.

------------------------------------------------------------------- Isn't it funny that those claiming to be "liberals" tried to ban free speech by conservatives. My wife who is a liberal, despises those who have hijacked and perverted the meaning of a true liberal.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"liberalism is actually not a four letter world in other countries. Can we be so right and the rest of the western world wrong.....hmmmmmmmm. I'll ponder that one." --------------------------------------------------------------- No, liberalism is not a four letter word. Most liberals, like most conservatives are hard working, honest Americans with differing ideas on government and individual issues.

In answer to the second question, I will simply say that having lived 17 out of my 21 years of government service overseas, not one of the countries I have visited and still work with as a consultant today, holds a candle to the good ole' US of A.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Actually whether Canada was or was not involved in Vietnam is disputed by their very own Liberal reporting CBC.

http: // archives dot cbc dot ca/IDD-1-71-1413/conflict_war/vietnam/

Many American "foot" soldiers have claimed they served and worked side by side with Canadians. This contradicts the Canadian governments claims that no Canadian forces were deployed to Vietnam. The official version is that Canada only provided bases in Europe (NATO) for training of our forces and that the Canadian government primarily sold and supplied non-combative equipment i.e., boots, canteens etc. The other official version is that Canadian forces only monitored the final years leading to the cease fire.

However, the CBC, British MI5 and the CIA tell a different story.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
But you can make the same arguements about the left as well.....So what's the point?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: Pointless Discussion