User Details are only visible to members.
An NBC News survey of crime dockets and news reports across all 50 states reveals that, since Jan. 1, there have been at least 48 incidents in which guns have been discovered on students, in their bags or in their lockers.
Since Jan. 2, when some school districts returned to classes, there have been at least 48 incidents in which schoolchildren have been discovered with guns in their possession or in their lockers:
Feb. 4 • Ratcliffe Elementary School, Henrico, Va.
• Coweta Intermediate High School, Coweta, Okla. — student killed
Feb. 1 • Palm Beach Lakes High School, West Palm Beach, Fla. Jan. 31 • Price Middle School, Atlanta — student shot and wounded
• Hendricks Elementary Community Academy, Chicago
• Augusta High School, Augusta, Kan.
• Carver High School, Winston-Salem, N.C.
• Athens Drive High School, Raleigh, N.C.
Jan. 30 • Park Hill High School, Kansas City, Mo.
Jan. 29 • Hoxie High School, Hoxie, Ark.
• Elizabethtown Middle School, Elizabethtown, N.C.
• Brazos School for Inquiry and Creativity, Houston
• Imagine Middle School, North Port, Fla.
• Carson Elementary School, Cincinnati
Jan. 28 • Forest Hills High School, Marshville, N.C.
Jan. 25 • Harrison High School, Harrison, Mont.
• Carson Middle School, Tucson, Ariz.
Jan. 24 • Hogan Preparatory Middle School, Kansas City, Mo.
• Daly Elementary School, Inkster, Mich.
Jan. 23 • Willowridge High School, Houston
Jan. 22 • Educational Opportunity Center, Clarkston, Wash.
Jan. 18 • Northwest High School, Omaha, Neb.
• Wheeler High School, Marietta, Ga.
• Heights High School, Wichita, Kan.
• Soehl Middle School, Linden, N.J.
• South Philadelphia High School, Philadelphia
Jan. 17 • Baldwin County High School, Bay Minette, Ala.
• Westover High School, Albany, Ga.
• Pennfield Middle School, Hatfield, Pa.
• PS 215, Queens, N.Y.
Jan. 16 • College Hill Middle School, Texarkana, Texas
Jan. 15 • Riverside Academy, Reserve, La.
• Westwood High School, Blythewood, S.C.
Jan. 14 • Faith Academy School of Excellence, Norfolk, Va.
Bastrop High School, Bastrop, La.
• El Dorado High School, El Dorado, Kan.
Jan. 11 • Glenn High School, Winston-Salem, N.C.
• Bedford Middle School, Bedford, Ind.
• Prairie High School, Battle Ground, Ore.
• West Haven High School, West Haven, Conn.
Jan. 10 • Taft Union High School, Bakersfield, Calif. — student shot and wounded
Jan. 9 • John L. Marsh Elementary School, Chicago
• Alba Middle School, Bayou La Batre, Ala.
Jan. 8 • Lyon Elementary School, Magnolia, Texas
• Donovan Junior High School, Utica, N.Y.
• Highland Springs High School, Highland Springs, Va.
Jan. 7 • Hermitage High School, Henrico, Va.
Jan. 3 • Shelburne Middle School, Staunton, Va.
TOPIC: Pistol Packing Students