Personal Attacks : Swingers Discussion 841641061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPersonal Attacks
TOPIC: Personal Attacks
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 275   End
User Details are only visible to members.
4play-

“I lived it Pussy, if you experienced it first hand as I did you would change your opinion of it.”

I have experienced this topic first hand. I know all too much about abortion and pregnancy. I still to this day stand for pro-choice.

“If you want equality you have to give up what is not equal in your favor to get complete equality!”

Maybe it’s a little early for me lol, but could you explain this in laymen terms?

Thanks! ; )

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
"Life begins at birth is just silly."

Preface that with, "In my opinion" and you'll get no argument because in MY opinion, stating life starts before that is just as silly.

As for your other questions, there are already laws that deal with those crimes so my answer would be redundant.

"I started this thread a week and a half ago, and it became a full blown abortion debate. How did that happen?"

Because, as usual, your OP was boring so we took the topic a different, more interesting diorecion :):)

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
by definition abortion cannot be considered manslaughter..

MANSLAUGHTER - The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation, either express or implied; distinguished from murder, which requires malicious intent.

The distinctions between manslaughter and murder, consists in the following: In the former, though the act which occasions the death be unlawful, or likely to be attended with bodily mischief, yet the malice, either express or implied, which is the very essence of murder, is presumed to be wanting in manslaughter.

It also differs from murder in this, that there can be no accessaries before the fact, there having been no time for premeditation. Manslaugbter is voluntary, when it happens upon a sudden heat; or involuntary, when it takes place in the commission of some unlawful act.

i too believe that life begins when the baby is born..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Fair enough Forpy...you did in fact answer question #1 (would you choose to criminalize abortion) but you skipped #2 (What should the mother's sentence be?) other than to say it would vary from case to case. How about putting some parameters out there?

Here are my answers to your questions:

"Do you feel that a child or spouse, someone that is extremely close to you always goes through such an ordeal alone?" I would hope not! I would always be there for my wife or daughter or anyone else who is faced with such a potentially life-altering decision. I would certainly want my wife to consider my opinion but if you are asking whose choice it ultimately is, it would be hers.

"Are you saying it could not be considered manslaughter NaN?" I am saying I would NOT criminalize abortion...so no, I do not consider abortion manslaughter.

"At what time in a womans pregnancy do you feel that the fetus becomes a living life?" Legally, morally, spiritually, theoretically, technically? Toughest question of the bunch my friend! I believe life begins at birth. Of course, we can all argue about fetus viability etc. but for me personally, when a baby is born, their life begins.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
"Scorp remains the only one to answer the questions I posed and the rest continued trying to trump each other with more and more outlandish descriptions of the process."

Because you don't agree with my answer does not mean it was not an answer. Maybe it was lost in my post a few back but here it is again:

"If the law has been broken then I would have to say it would vary from case to case as murder or theft or assault does."

"Would you agree to premeditated assault with intent to kill? after all it would be easy to prove premeditation. How about manslaughter?"

There are different degrees of murder, assault, theft... I believe it should be dealt with on a case by case scenario. Mind you I did not call it murder, I am answering the question as if it were murder!

BTW, none of my questions have been answered or even attempted, care to right the wrong?

"Do you feel that a child or spouse, someone that is extremely close to you always goes through such an ordeal alone?"

"Are you saying it could not be considered manslaughter NaN?"

"At what time in a womans pregnancy do you feel that the fetus becomes a living life?"

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"It frustrates me on this subject alone (pregnancy/abortion) to have men tell us women what we should do with our bodies. We carry the child. We decide whether or not to abort."

We will have to agree to disagree but I said my peace in the previous reply to Scorp.

"I can understand how men can feel the way you've posted over pregnancy/abortion. It has been rare in my life to have an emotional man, much less one that gave a crap about the pregnancy/abortion or even his kids, so pardon me for not being tuned into that."

I get very emotional about my family, NOTHING is more important in my life. You see Liza and I tried to have kids for 5 years and I guess I was paid back for the abortion in high school, we couldn't have one.

I do however hope you are feeling better tonight. I get pretty grumpy when I am feeling sick too.

"I am particularly confused by your view of abortion. You told of aborting a pregnancy in your younger days, yet you turn around and say that abortion is murder."

STOP HERE! I said it was murder then after NaN confronted me I said it can not be murder because killing an unborn baby is not against the law. So I retracted the statement and said it was destroying or slaughtering the unborn baby!

"Then you go on to say that the woman is of stone with no heart at all and it’s pretty damn selfish of her to have an abortion. The whole throwing stones from your glass house just irks me."

I can understand why it urks you as it does me when the man has ZERO say in the matter. Sorry that is wrong and unfair! You don't get a second chance at life after abortion! Now, when you quote me please quote everything I say because you took bits and pieces from my post to turn it against me.

"I get it. You changed your opinion of it and that's fine. I personally would never throw out shock value words..."

I lived it Pussy, if you experienced it first hand as I did you would change your opinion of it. Isn't terminating or killing a pregnancy reducing the value of the abortion? Is that not the same thing in the opposite direction of "shock words!"

"Lastly, this debate could so easily turn into women vs. men. Men have had control through the years of history in so many things that concern women. You express frustration that men have no legal say in abortion and it makes you feel powerless, helpless to control events around you. Welcome to the struggle of women throughout history. Jump in! The water’s warm!! We’ve struggled so long to get what we have now as women and we’re still not “equal” in all areas. If we (women) pedal backwards and let men tell us whether or not to abort, then the fight was for nothing."

Again I disagree! The issues of men burdened with responsibility for unwanted pregnancies, and of men who are not allowed to be fathers to wanted children, are linked by a common thread. Biology has made men and women unequal with regard to reproduction. In recent decades, thanks to both technology and social change, we have made strides to alleviate the inequality for women, helping them avoid unwanted childbearing. But we have lagged far behind in equalizing the situation for men. How can you ask men to be equal parents while giving virtually all the power in reproductive decisions and to women.

What happens is as soon as conception occurs Men become disposable when the child is concerned whether it is life or abortion unless the mother ALLOWS him to be part of the decisions. I see nothing equal about this arrangement and I am shocked that you feel it is actually fair? If you want equality you have to give up what is not equal in your favor to get complete equality!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"However, I'm still not ready to jump on the equal rights bandwagon - the main reason being, I don't think a woman should ever be forced to abort.. and that would be a very real problem if you had men controlling the outcome of pregnancies. I would not want someone controlling whether or not I kill a baby growing within my body.. ever.

Of course when you follow that train of thought and how a man must feel facing the same dilemma... well it helps you understand how screwed up this whole problem really is."

I agree 100% Scorp, I don't believe a woman should have 100% power either though. When the baby was conceived and if it was consensual sex I would hope that life trumps death always. To often though it is aborted because of the stronger of the two people demands that it is "Taken care of!" I to do not think a woman should EVER be forced to abort but I would insist that I have a say in it if I were the sperm donor.

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
Thanks for your humble opinion Hedonist.

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
4play-

Ok, so let’s back up a bit. I was explaining why I had to get away from the debate for a little, not belittling men's opinions. Men are entitled to their opinions and I'm entitled to be frustrated lol. It frustrates me on this subject alone (pregnancy/abortion) to have men tell us women what we should do with our bodies. We carry the child. We decide whether or not to abort.

I appreciated your post and get your point. I was very tired from this cold I have and really not into the whole debate thing at that moment, thus the short response. I can understand how men can feel the way you've posted over pregnancy/abortion. It has been rare in my life to have an emotional man, much less one that gave a crap about the pregnancy/abortion or even his kids, so pardon me for not being tuned into that.

I am particularly confused by your view of abortion. You told of aborting a pregnancy in your younger days, yet you turn around and say that abortion is murder. Then you go on to say that the woman is of stone with no heart at all and it’s pretty damn selfish of her to have an abortion. The whole throwing stones from your glass house just irks me.

I get it. You changed your opinion of it and that's fine. I personally would never throw out shock value words, If I ever changed my opinion on abortion, to other women who may have had an abortion or are deciding to get one. It’s their very personal decision.

Lastly, this debate could so easily turn into women vs. men. Men have had control through the years of history in so many things that concern women. You express frustration that men have no legal say in abortion and it makes you feel powerless, helpless to control events around you. Welcome to the struggle of women throughout history. Jump in! The water’s warm!! We’ve struggled so long to get what we have now as women and we’re still not “equal” in all areas. If we (women) pedal backwards and let men tell us whether or not to abort, then the fight was for nothing.

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
"I wouldn't call the above 'civil'. "

I guess I was just trying to speak the language of choice in this thread. You're offended being called a "condescending moralist" but it doesn't bother you to call women who get an abortion a murderer/slaughterer/killer/butcher?

The anti-abortionists typical agenda is to steer clear of rational debate and focus on hot-button words like those above. I TRIED to keep things civil from the get-go with the request to avoid the typical rhetoric and discuss what I thought was a thought-provoking angle. Scorp remains the only one to answer the questions I posed and the rest continued trying to trump each other with more and more outlandish descriptions of the process.

For the record, I get it...most medical procedures are rather gruesome and I don't find abortion appealing in any sense...but that isn't the ONLY thing worth talking about, is it? Cause if all you want to do is keep coming up with more disturbing visual images and avoid talking about other things, this topic is already the proverbial "dead horse"

One more thing Dan, since I know you like to shoot. How would you feel if someone asked you about your weapon of choice and a bunch of others jumped in shouting about gun-control and how can you defend the rights of killers and gruesome stories of childrens' heads being blown off because someone didn't secure their weapon before their kid got a hold of it. That's how this topic feels to me. No one cares to discuss what was asked but rather take the focus to the zealots point of view.

Want to continue a civil debate? Fine, I'm in. Just want to elevate the rhetoric? No thanks, I'll pass.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 275   End
TOPIC: Personal Attacks