Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   11 to 20 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"welfare, Head Start and other do good liberal programs do to people. They do no one any good"

Just so you know Mark, NIXON signed a good portion of the great society legislation in to law.... the poverty rat in the US has been cut nearly in half, malnutrition is all but eliminated, the literacy rate is almost doubled, and vaccinations have childhood diseases are all but eradicated since 1964

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"... Target's practice of not hiring people with any type of criminal record- even if the record has been expunged..."

If it's been expunged, how can it be on their record? Are most "expunged" records due to the trivial nature of the offense? Or the rehabilitation of the convicted?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"... if I had to choose between the smell of tobacco smoke or broccoli on a nurse, I'd say that none would be better than the other,..."

But one has nothing to do with the other. Are non-smokers more likely to have just eaten broccoli? You can always find something worse. But you should compare a situation to what would be better -- not rummage around in the toilet for something worse.

It once was considered normal to always try and make your situation better. This neo-conservative strategy, to always threaten to make things worse, is counter to survival. It's self-extinguishing.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Just another blazing example of what the actual effects of being exposed to welfare, Head Start and other do good liberal programs do to people. They do no one any good. And they know what the effects are! But they keep the programs running and blame every other thing and other people on the problems they are causing.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Ohhh I have no doubt they said it, I just can't over the stupidity and the bigotry of saying it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
From the article:

"Schmid [of the US EEOC] said employers cannot have blanket policies that bar applicants with criminal records from consideration. Such practices have been found to disproportionately affect African-Americans, she said."

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good how could that be discriminating against blacks? What are they claiming?

Sounds like racism on the part of the groups assuming that because a person is a criminal they are black.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
I know the OP would rather I start another thread, but on a related hiring policy...

The NAACP and take Action Minnesota are suing over Target's practice of not hiring people with any type of criminal record- even if the record has been expunged. They say it's discriminatory toward blacks...

www DOT startribune DOT com/business/192087561.html?refer=y

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Discrimination for employment based on religion race sex skin color is against the law, is it not? so go ahead and do that, until you get caught.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
Outdoors, "better" is a subjective word. My opinion of "better" may be different than someone else's.

For example, I am of the opinion that Heinz 57 Steak Sauce is better than ketchup on a burger, yet if you order a burger in a restaurant, they will invariably serve ketchup on, or with, the burger.

Sorry about the carnivorous reference, I know you don't eat red meat. Perhaps this example is better- I abhor the smell of broccoli cooking, but I like the smell of garlic cooking. But I'd rather eat plain cooked broccoli than plain cooked garlic.

A preference. To me, cooking garlic smells better than the smell of cooking broccoli, but eating cooked broccoli is better than eating cooked plain garlic.

Now, if I had to choose between the smell of tobacco smoke or broccoli on a nurse, I'd say that none would be better than the other, just different.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   11 to 20 of 95   End
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers