Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers : Swingers Discussion 2174471081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPenn Health System to stop hiring smokers
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
One of these days I am gonna institute a policy of not hiring procrastinators.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"What people do on their own time is not you concern."

vacpl, I appreciate your taking the time to express yourself without calling me self-absorbed for sharing another perspective.

Your statement above sounds good on the surface, but I cannot abide it.

Should I have to hire a guy who spends his spare time painting pictures that glorify Osama bin Laden?

I sell meat and seafood. Should I hire someone who goes on animal rights protests during the weekends?

I agree that an employer should hire the best person for a job and generally should not focus on factors unrelated to the work. However, I have great concern for the liberty of both employers and employees and cannot understand how a politically conservative person could suggest that my right to hire whoever I want equates in any way to a "police state."

If you feel government should stay out of people's lives as much as possible, then please show as much concern for my liberty as an employer as I have for your liberty in all you do.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
I don't smoke. But if others want to that is up to them. It is true it is your company and you can do as you want. I just hope you loose out on hiring some good people because of your closed mind. What people do on their own time is not you concern. As long as they come to work and do the job you are paying them to do and do it well that is your concern.Now if you want to pay them 24 hours a day hell you can control what they do if you would like.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacpl confuses self-interest with self-absorption.

Dude is confused. Rants daily in support of conservative values, but would question a private employer's right to hire whoever the fuck they want.

Does not understand that his liberty to smoke a cig is not at issue here, just others' right not to associate with him.

------

Outdoors fairly corrects me on the issue of the sugary drink ban, I should have referred to it as a sugary drink size limit. Of course my point still stands, which was that dopes like Vacpl should understand the difference between private and public action.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"... Bloomberg outlawing sugary drinks..."

Whoa! When did this happen? Earlier he banned the selling of sugary drinks above a certain size. But you could still buy sody pop; you could even buy 2 and pour them into your own insulated giant mug.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Another self asborbed ass just like the one in the White House.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
This is very different than Bloomberg outlawing sugary drinks, which is in fact an example of government trying to exert its control over how individuals exercise their liberty.

As an employer, I have the right to choose to exert as much control over the lives of my employees as the law permits.

I can't discriminate against them on the basis of gender, race, religion, age or nationality.

But I can discriminate against them for liking rap music, sporting tattoos, the sound of their voice, the color of their hair, being overweight or smoking.

Some call it trying to control others' lives. I could call it trying to retain control over my life.

Contrary to Robert's view, I see my business as something that exists primarily to serve my interests, and one of my most significant interests is to be surrounded by whoever I want (subject to the laws mentioned above).

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Is "hoovering" putting a vacuum cleaner hose on it?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"But your ok with getting a blow job from a woman with smoke on her breath. LOL go figure."

She's not hoovering above my nose when she's doing it...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
New hires are subject to this policy. Why not all employees?

I agree that it's more intrusion in people's lives. The hospital doesn't pay you 24/7. How do they tell you what you can do when your off the clock?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 95   End
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers