Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers : Swingers Discussion 2174471071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsPenn Health System to stop hiring smokers
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If Obamacare required us to pay for FJ to get a haircut, shave and a clue, we'd surely go broke.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Sweet, but you have no clue whether you're healthy as you seem to think. In order to answer your question, I'd have to see your recent blood work results.

Just because you feel great, and have not fallen ill, does not mean that you're healthy (you might be, chances are slim though).

I'd recommend that you go get a thorough physical with blood work, urinalysis and a baseline EKG.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Have you read, and do you understand the approximately 1,000 pages of the act?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Because Bobby says so...

Sorry I know that question was not for me, but I just couldn't resist.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

I'm heavily into fitness. I am hurt almost always. While I don't run to the doctor with every injury, sometimes I have an issue that needs the attention of a doctor.

Despite my heavy workout routine, I have lower lumbar spine problems, as well as cervical spine issues. In addition, I have problems with my fingers and wrists (direct result of lifting).

Fit people can trip, fall, fracture skulls and other bones. They can have torn ligaments, dislocated patellas and a slew of many other medical issues that are VERY costly.

Why should others pay for them? why should their cost be lower than others who are as big of a risk?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Medical insurance has always been available to everybody. Obama care is about people paying for others insurance and problems. What you just said you were against.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I am all for Obama care, because employers aren't providing medical coverage or enough coverage and or pay to have enough (total coverage)

Now if you are costing more because of excessive alcohol, smoking, or illegal drug use.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7344 posts)
The employer should not have to pay for the excesses of others, under Obama care they will. I thought you were all for Obama silly health care?

I do agree with you that people who are unhealthy should pay more, that includes wimpy people who are mentally unfit. If a person is a liberal nut case, they should pay for their own mental health insurance or care. That would lower health insurance for sane people.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I say that those who do unhealthy things ought to pay for them.

If you are a alcoholic, you pay more for the health coverage you get.

If you are a smoker/tobaco user, you pay more for the medical you get.

If you do illegal drugs, you ought to pay more for the coverage you get.

If you work out, eat right (approximately) you pay less for the medical you pay for.

It isn't government control, it is paying for your excesses which cost everyone else more for your excesses.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7344 posts)
Employers have the right to hire who they choose. But considering health insurance is rising thanks to the Idiot in the white house, it was expected.

Smoking libtards should thank their glorious leader.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 95   End
TOPIC: Penn Health System to stop hiring smokers