Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Our Mercenaries in Iraq: Blackwater Inc and Bush's Undeclared Surge
TOPIC: Our Mercenaries in Iraq: Blackwater Inc and Bush's Undeclared Surge
Created by: sweetspyce
Original Starting post for this thread:
On Tuesday, five employees of the private security firm Blackwater USA were killed in a violent Baghdad neighborhood. Hours later, President Bush used his State of the Union address to call on what some are calling an undeclared surge of private mercenaries in Iraq. We speak with Jeremy Scahill, author of the forthcoming “Blackwater: The Rise of the World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army.The private security firm Blackwater USA is back in the news again. On Tuesday, hours before President Bush’s State of the Union address, one of the company’s helicopters was brought down in a violent Baghdad neighborhood. Five Blackwater troops - all Americans - were killed. Reports say the men’s bodies show signs of execution-style deaths with bullet wounds to the back off the head. Blackwater provided no identities or details of those killed. They did release a statement saying the deaths “are a reminder of the extraordinary circumstances under which our professionals voluntarily serve to bring freedom and democracy to the Iraqi people.”

President Bush made no mention of the incident during his State of the Union. But he did address the very issue that has brought dozens of private security companies like Blackwater to Iraq in the first place: the need for more troops.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
yinyang,

I agree with most everything you state. Even as a private contractor, I still have to submit all my after action reports to our government, as well as a copy to the US Ambassador, assigned to the country I am doing business in.

Yes, you are correct, that due to the sensitivity and the need to keep many of the operations "low key", the general public must "trust" not only me, but our government that we are doing the right and honorable thing.

Having said that I would like to point out that this type of work has been in existence long before Bush and Cheney got in office. I retired from the USAF in 1995 and started doing this in 1997 under President Clinton. Making accusations that imply all of us are nefarious and somehow linked to President Bush or VP Cheney is conspiracy theory at it's best.

Personally, I only accept work where a legitimate threat and/or need for protection exists. I am not a show piece, nor a paid assassin. Although I could make even more money providing security consultation and personal protection to celebrities, I decline to because most do not need real security, nor do they follow security protocols. I do not carry peoples luggage, open their doors or cater to their personal needs. If they do not take my work and their security seriously then I decline to provide my services.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I actually can agree with yingyang about accountability for our policies. Yes the government does seem to whitewash the effects of our policies, irregardless of what political party is in power, however now that the left isn't in control of the white house they seem to find it convient to point these things out, at least until Queen Hilary takes control then all the bad things we do will just go away. I do think we need to reconsile with people who have been inadvertantly hurt by our miliary. As far as political policy is concerned, I really have a hard time accepting that it is acceptable for people to kill and murder because they feel shafted politically. Shit we shaft and get shafted politically all over the world, but neither we or our the people we shaft politically try to kill each other over trade disputes. We argue call each other names, and then hopefully come up with a compromise. Politics is our best alternative to bashing each other over the heads wiith rocks, although sometimes I feel the good ole days head bashing were more simple and striaght forward times. Maybe I should dust of my club............

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
How do you know this is reality? I am self employed and perform much of the same work that Blackwater does. The difference is Blackwater is a large corporation, where I work independently. However, I break bread with and personally know many of those that head the organization as well as some of those it employs. You may not find it honorable work, but I do.

If you choose to believe the "talking points" that you presented, that is your prerogative. I know different, as I am well trained and experienced in Personal and private security. I don’t know what you do for a living but I bet I could research the job or employment you have find some "historic" or past individuals who used that type of employment to commit crimes or misdeeds and then write a book full of conjecture and biased making everyone who does your type of work look sinister.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
The Bush lovers don't want see the reality!

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
Well how peter tosh wouId say"I'm not in this world To live up to your expectations Neither are you here to live up to mine, yeah

I don't owe no one No obligation No I don't mean none So everything is fine, fine I said I am that I am I am I am Iam"

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
I meant,the abissinians,Burning spear,culture,gladiators and many other.

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
No we're into roots reggae

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
Takes two tango!

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
Somebody's gotta do it.

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
Well, dissent is the highest form of patriotism!

Santa Cruz CA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Our Mercenaries in Iraq: Blackwater Inc and Bush's Undeclared Surge