Osama--Y'er Mama--We Got Obama : Swingers Discussion 98193
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOsama--Y'er Mama--We Got Obama
TOPIC: Osama--Y'er Mama--We Got Obama
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
So which of the following do you think would be best for hunting down and eliminating Osama:

1. George W. Bush 2. Mike Huckabee 3. Bill Clinton 4. Hillary Clinton 5. Barack Osama 6. George Tecumseh Sherman under the command of Abe Lincoln

Well, alas, we don't have Sherman, so my first choice will have to be someone else.

I will quickly eliminate George W. Bush, as he has had more than 4 years to do it, and Osama has not been smoked out: he's not been captured, dead or alive.

Bill also had his chances, at a time when the pressure to go after Osama was not as great, but I wouldn't choose the guy who cost Gore the election in 2000 thanks to his desire to get his cock sucked by Monica and lie about it.

McCain talks touch: He does a pretty good imitation of John Wayne, but I think more than tough talk and sabre rattling and bomb rattling will be needed to get Osama.

My choice is with Obama. I think he will best be able to assemble a coalition of the countries fighting in Afghanistan to form the posse to get Osama, and I think he can work with the government of Pakistan and other countries in the Middle East to get the permissions and support needed to capture and execute Osama.

Indeed, I think a USA team-coached by Obama and Colin Powell (I think Obama should call upon Powell's expertise in his dealings with the Middle East, and it appears that Powell would be willing to advise Obama if asked...and perhaps vote for him as well).

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Lucky:

OK, Jefferson Davis was a puppet for the Southern blowhards. So whether or not this is true, when the Southern power brokers pulled Davis' string they made him say that slavery was the issue "transcendent magnitude" in the conflict between North and South and in the reason for Southern secession.

The puppet was speaking the lines that Southern powers wanted him to speak......and when Davis spoke, he spoke about slavery as the issue of "transcedndent magnitude."

The blowhards/power brokers did not have Davis claiming that tariffs were the transcendent issue. Why not, if that was the case?

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Now what do you make of Jefferson Davis calling slavery the interest of "transcendent magnitude" in his 1861 speech before the Confederate Congress? I have answered this three times and again Davis was a puppet for southern Democrats "a Blow hard as you sir are".

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky:

Given that you have a complete knowledge of the Civil War, as you claim, I'm surprised that you missed me getting the first name of Sherman wrong too.

It's not as bad as misunderstanding the fundamental reasons for the Civil War and what was at heart of the conflict between North and South from 1848-1860.

It's also not as bad as confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence, as you've also done.

Now what do you make of Jefferson Davis calling slavery the interest of "transcendent magnitude" in his 1861 speech before the Confederate Congress?

You say you never cut and run from my questions, but I don't think you've answered that one about Davis yet.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
darch:

My bad. I messed up completely. It should be William Tecumseh Sherman. Maybe I got it mixed up with George Custer or George McClellan.

Thanks for the correction. (The military history side of the Civil War is not my strong point at all.)

Apparently not and I am totally surprised I didnt catch this nice darch oh master of the forum I take back anything I ever said about you.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Clarence Thomas's Sister and her dependence on welfare. What do you make of this story?

From New York Times 1991:

Judge Thomas's father deserted the family when the children were small. The mother supported the family by picking crabs at 5 cents a pound. When a fire destroyed their home and belongings, the mother, who could no longer support the children cleaning houses at $15 a week, sent the boys -- not the girls -- to live with their grandfather, an independent small-business man.

Judge Thomas's sister, Emma Mae, stayed home and graduated from high school. She got married and had children, and then her husband deserted her. While the judge was attending Yale Law School, she supported her family with two minimum-wage jobs. Her mother worked as a nurse's aide at the local hospital, and an aunt took care of the children.

Then the aunt suffered a stroke, and Emma Mae Martin had to quit work to take care of her. This was when she went on welfare. She was on welfare about four and a half years. Now she works as a cook at the local hospital, reporting to work at 3 A.M. She has three children. One works as a carpenter; one was just laid off, and the 15-year-old is in school.

This is hardly a story of welfare dependency. The women of this household worked hard at low-paying jobs, took care of one another and raised their children. It is a story not only of race and poverty, but also of sexism -- desertion by husbands, lack of child support, giving boys, not girls, the opportunities to get ahead.

And when the elderly aunt needed care, it was the adult female relative -- again, typical -- rather than the men who assumed the burdens. This was when Emma Mae Martin had to go on welfare. What was she to do? Can you imagine the long-term care that might have been available to an elderly African-American woman in rural Georgia?

Ms. Martin then left welfare, again works hard, and her three children are in the labor market or in school. In other words, in the face of great odds, she did exactly what Charles Murray and other conservatives have asked: she completed school, she worked, she got married. She has suffered because of irresponsible men, male preferences, lack of an effective child-support system, lousy jobs and a lousy health-care system.

What can we say about her brother? He had the advantages. Yet he cruelly distorted her situation and publicly humiliated her and her children. Is this the kind of person we want as a Justice of the Supreme Court? In contrast, Emma Mae Martin has retained her dignity, her tolerance and generosity -- qualities one would like to see in a Justice. It's too bad she was not nominated for the Court.

JOEL F. HANDLER Prof. of Law, University of California Los Angeles, July 8, 1991

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Joeodd: Can we compromise? Can we be bipartisan?

Liberals need to give more emphasis to what you call personality responsibility or recognize that a social program is not a panacea for every social problem nor will it work for everybody, especially if the people can find some way to exploit the program or take advantage of it. Welfare recipients, like rich people, can act on self-interest to find loopholdes for their private benefit or do some cheating to help themselves out.

But I'd also like to see Conservatives cut and run from any attempt to create and sustain social programs that have proven effectiveness in wisely and efficiently providing a head start or job training or just taking care of children of parents on welfare in terms of food stamps...when the children are hungry and starving through no fault of their own.

I will not deny the importance of what you stress; I hope you do not deny the importance of what I stress.

I wish more study was given to people who have risen out of poverty or out of welfare. We need to study their lives to see what made a difference. People have done this. A lot of people who claim personal responsibility get help along the way from a good teacher, a grandparent.

For instance, Clarence Thomas,. who did benefit from Affirmative Action (however much he felt insulted and bothered by it), received crucial support from his grandfather, who raised him hard.

Do you know that Clarence Thomas's sister has been on welfare?????

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
darch:

My bad. I messed up completely. It should be William Tecumseh Sherman. Maybe I got it mixed up with George Custer or George McClellan.

Thanks for the correction. (The military history side of the Civil War is not my strong point at all.)

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Damn Angel what the hell did those nasty ole Xtians do to you man?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Thank YOU JNM nominee for nut hugger of the year. Try posting your own facts and intelligent arguements. Oh wait that's right, you can't. You can open up dummy accounts and harass people though........Ya know what? Re-blocked, I've heard enough from you to last me for a couple of months. thanks for the laughs.

Now Sapp. Those programs you mentioned would not have worked unless the people themselves worked. No body bagging groceries at a supermarket, started making 30K a year under any of those programs. People who use these programs as a step up, will be successful. They could be even more successful if they have the backing of their family and community. If communities invested in themselves what they invest in things like the local lottery, you would really start to see social and economic change. Unless a person can invest in his or herself, no amount of well intentioned programs will make any difference. I fully support things like Head Start, and Workfare. The problem I have with liberals is they complain about problems that people could fix for themselves if they took the initiative. Personal Responsibility isn't a very popular theme at democratic conventions.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Joeodd:

You say you can't put your faith in any government program.

But Head Start has been shown to be effective.

Poverty rates were reduced under LBJ thanks to his War on Poverty programs.

George W. Bush has funded a $150 million Anti Gang Violence Task force, and put Laura Bush in charge of it? Do you have faith in that program?

Do you think we should abandon all programs to provide a safety net for people, including Food Stamps?

What do you think of how Newt Gingrich led a reform of welfare, converting it more into workfare, while he was leading Congress in the mid-1990s?

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 41   End
TOPIC: Osama--Y'er Mama--We Got Obama