Old Joe, is at it again : Swingers Discussion 2174531041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOld Joe, is at it again
TOPIC: Old Joe, is at it again
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   41 to 50 of 93   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In Virginia there is no warning shot. You can only fire when you feel you are in danger of death or extreme bodily harm. Has been the state code for years. The Biden defense won't work.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I hear you. I choose to base my actions on the most restrictive laws. In a crisis, trying to remember what's legal on this side of the street is the last thing i want to deal with.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Part of the problem is that people do not know the state or local laws when it comes to discharging a firearm. Where I physically reside , I am within my right to discharge a firearm in any direction so long as it is not into the direction of another person , unless my intent was to shoot that person, But I could still face a charge for simply discharging the firearm , If another were present even tresspassing. It would be up to the courts to decide my fate. The nearest villiage to me, One cannot discharge any type of weapon , including Bow , BB gun, Or pellet gun withing the Villiage limits. One can still be charged with discharging a firearm even if they were protecting themselves, ( not that it would likely hold up in court). I would suggest anyone who carrys a firearm for protection read thier state and local laws, prior to going out and acting like Wayatt Earp.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9621 posts)
I missed the part that the intruders had a weapon. In that case, run away. No one ever really wins in an armed confrontation.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I am willing to bet he uses the "Biden Defense".....

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9621 posts)
I would suggest to Trevor Lamont Snowden: He summon Joe to show up at his summons hearing.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Imagine that- charged with reckless use of a deadly weapon. Who'd a thunk?

Someone leaning in your window is 99.99% probably up to no good. But still, they are not actually inside, so there is still the possibility of retreating from the threat so as to avoid a potentially deadly situation.

It depends on the laws of the locale, but to shoot...? I wouldn't have. I would have backed away and announced that I had a gun. My life was not threatened at that point.

Shooting someone is a very serious issue, not to be considered unless there is absolutely no other way. Just my way of thinking- and based on what I've been taught.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Yeah, but he's alive and unrobbed.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Guess this guy was following old Joe's advice. Didn't work out to good for him. If it was me I would fight this in court and say the VP told us it was ok to do. LOL

The Virginian-Pilot © February 25, 2013 VIRGINIA BEACH

A man has been charged with reckless handling of a firearm. Police said his account was that he fired at two people attempting to rob him.

Police were called to the man’s home in the 500 block of Mango Drive at 10:25 p.m. Saturday for a report of shots fired.

The resident told police his dog had been acting strange. When he walked into his bedroom, he said he saw two masked intruders leaning in his open bedroom window, according to a police news release.

He told police they pointed weapons at him, and he believed they were trying to rob him. He grabbed his shotgun and fired through his bedroom door, then opened the door and fired several more rounds toward the open window, according to police.

Police could not locate the suspects. The shots did not strike anyone, and no other property was damaged, according to police.

Trevor Lamont Snowden, 22, was charged with one count of reckless handling of a firearm and was released on a summons.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I understand you were not giving advice per se, but you implied it's OK to illegally discharge a firearm. That indicates to me that you lack basic knowledge or understanding of firearms. Perhaps my choice of words was inappropriate to a civil discussion.

Burglary with the intention of taking personal property, or mistaking a home for another’s, or seeking shelter from the elements or an attacker is not the same as an assault with the intention of causing physical harm to a person. Let someone take personal belongings, they can be replaced. Self-defense is an entirely different matter.

I’ll say it again, if anyone does not have what it takes to shoot someone, then do not pick up a firearm as a means of self defense. Use of deadly force against another person is only to be used if a person is in imminent danger of physical harm or death.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   41 to 50 of 93   End
TOPIC: Old Joe, is at it again