Oh the boogy man : Swingers Discussion 217973
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOh the boogy man
TOPIC: Oh the boogy man
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp:

Question 1:

If the laws of supply and demand say. As a population desires more things, more things must be made. How is it then that the increase in demand doesn't drive an increase in production and thus more factories, which in the end, mean more jobs are created?

Question 2:

If demand is down, doesn't that mean so to is revenue? Obviouslly this means layoffs and pay cuts, which results in other business following your lead. If revenue is down, who's fault is that? More importantly, shouldn't the persons who's job it is to sell the company's product take the largest hit as they failed to make the consumer think that they need the product?

If supply and demand is true, then it works both ways. Technology has allowed us to make things cheaper, faster and with less resource consumption. (on the average) there for there should be greater profits to open more factories and employ more people.

Either way you slice it. As current I am employed cheaply, I do not make money... I am paid less than what drives a economy and I cannot be paid less than I am now. As my job relies upon the amount of coal which is in the ground and the fact that people still use coal to heat with, my job is secured.

Home heating is as much a need as it is in demand. Repairing car radios aren't, as that is your job, I would be afraid of a decreased demand for luxuries as a result of decreased buying power from the masses.

(this is also why I am hesitant to change jobs. Job security as a result of coal always being and will remain in demand for the next 50 plus years)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
Just wait till we get 11 million more workers. Will be less jobs and those that are will be lower paying jobs. Will be more social programs that will tske more money from the working man. No Robert I have a very rewarding job and freedom to do as I please.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Here is why we need to raise the taxes on the wealthy.

1) more jobs are lower paying jobs, that means the people are paying less into the governement. 2) as the wealthy failed to pay their employees as the cost of living rose, the wealth accumulated at the top and the government workers are not an exception, their pay simply didn't stagnate as bad as factory workers or other jobs have. 3) this sequester will end with a third depression once the government workers can nolonger keep buying and this economy afloat.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6872 posts)
In constant (2005) dollars, the US Govt spent $10,345 per American in 2009, and less in every year since.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Govt revenues were 18.5% of GDP in 2007 and have been under 16% every year since Obama took office.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VB, are those increases in constant dollars? -- or unadjusted for inflation? Are they increasing relative to the GDP? Are there increases in spending per American, as the population grows?

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I belive if they got half what they have now, they still would have twice what they needed.......BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
"I thought we'd had nothing but cuts for 4 years"

You thought wrong, except that 2009 was higher than 2010 due to the monstrous "stimulus" bill. US federal budgets:

2008 $2.983 trillion 2009 $3.518 trillion 2010 $3.456 trillion 2011 $3.603 trillion 2012 $3.796 trillion

Source: ww w.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/historicals

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17552 posts)
Funny, I thought we'd had nothing but cuts for 4 years, then a teeny weeny tax on a itty bitty portion of the population. Now more cuts. We can't just cut our way to prosperity.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
What was the point of replying when he can't read what I wrote?

Or does he just like to see his name as the latest post on every thread?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17552 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: Oh the boogy man