Officials: At least 14 hurt in Texas stabbing : Swingers Discussion 220073
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOfficials: At least 14 hurt in Texas stabbing
TOPIC: Officials: At least 14 hurt in Texas stabbing
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
CYPRESS, Texas (AP) — Officials say at least 14 people have been wounded in a stabbing attack at Houston-area college campus. The Harris County Sheriff's department confirmed at least 14 people were wounded in the attack Tuesday on the Lone Star Community College System's campus in Cypress. Authorities say at least four of those injured were taken by medical helicopter to hospitals in critical condition. Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department spokesman Robert Rasa says several patients refused treatment at the scene and all the wounds were consistent with stabbing. Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesman Thomas Gilliland says authorities don't believe a second suspect was involved. Lone Star had earlier posted an alert on its website warning of two armed suspects.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A knife is harder to kill people with, not because it isn't effective, but because most do not k is how to or have the willingness to kill others with a knife.

Stab a man in the gut, and he'll likely live. Stab the man in the chest and he has less than forty percent chance of living. It is why we have a rib cage over the chest. The hear, lungs and liver are a bit more important and harder to heal than a brused kidney or the tougher muscles of the gut.

Which by the way leads us to the type of knife used. What was it?

To be effective to kill in a rampage, a knife must be between 3 and six inches. Any shorter and it is a box cutter or letter opener, any longer and it is likely to become stuck in the bodies of your victims or take too much effort to remove and you will tore and slow your assault.

This is why almost all overweight people prefer guns for self defense and physically fit persons prefer a mixed fore arm and knife defense. The physically fit have more options as we can maintain a melee combat mode for longer than three seconds.

That said, yes. A gun trumps a knife... As all range weapons do, until you are under the weapons effective range. (for hand guns, this is melee range)

As for the op, sure a hand gun would have been nice. I however would only have needed my paper binder and pen to even the odds. (ever stab 300 pages of paper and try to remove the knife?) the pen would be my stabbing weapon. I would have liked a slashing weapon over stabbing as you waste energy in stabbing, and gain damage over time with slash weapons.

This is why the art of melee combat is an art, and guns are a sport.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7360 posts)
It was one of those 3 feet by 18 foot built it yourself type with a filter that is about the size of a fire hydrant.....I know, next time i'll just use a HAMMER, yeah, that's it , a hammer....the only risk is, much like a gun, when using a hammer you run the risk of also wounding or killing someone 100 yards away....oh wait...

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
RDY2...DAMN you're right. What was I thinking? In my possible defense however, something that is the equivalent of a gun should come with instructions on how to use it to kill someone though !!!!!

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
LOL...Touche' SA.

Hey, Dr. Suess in the house...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2668 posts)
I tried to whack a guy with a swimming pool once, turned out he could swim

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Shooters are lazy and chickenshit cowards. If you wanna be remembered for being a badass, look someone in the face and give them a chance to defend themselves or....oh never mind..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
I guess he didn't know someone in the hood selling one...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2668 posts)
If a killer wants a gun, he can get one no matter what the laws are? I guess this one wanted to be different

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Do you suppose the tougher background checks might have prevented a mass shooting?

Naw, of course not...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2668 posts)
Clearly this story is a lie...I have been hearing from the NRA cult since Columbine that a knife (Car, screwdriver, swimming pool, dog, etc) is the equivalent of a gun, so if 14 people were attacked they would all be dead.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Officials: At least 14 hurt in Texas stabbing