Oct 22 2012 - Final Presidential Debate - Foreign Policy : Swingers Discussion 210455
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOct 22 2012 - Final Presidential Debate - Foreign Policy
TOPIC: Oct 22 2012 - Final Presidential Debate - Foreign Policy
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
"Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya’alon said Sunday morning that Israel knew of secret US-Iran talks, and NBC reported that the Obama administration admitted that back-channel talks have been in progress for a direct meeting on its nuclear program. So far, Iran has balked.

The New York Times earlier reported that Iran and the United States have agreed to a face-to-face meeting on Iran’s nuclear program. After initial denials of the report, an unnamed Obama administration official clarified to NBC that despite talks on staging talks, no agreement has been concluded for bilateral discussions and that Iran knows there will be no such agreement if it does not abandon its unsupervised nuclear development.

Ya’alon told Voice of Israel government radio, “It is no secret there are attempts to have direct contact between Iran and the United States, and the report in The New York Times may be too early because it [a meeting] has not yet taken place.”

The leaked report may also be bad timing for President Barack Obama, an administration official told NBC. It comes one day before a critical third and final debate, this time strictly on foreign policy, between Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney, who has startled pollsters by taking the lead in most surveys.

“Iranian officials had insisted that the talks wait until after the presidential election so that they would know which president would be negotiating with them.” NBC reported, quoting the Obama administration official.

Iran will be a prime subject in Monday’s debate. Romney has succeeded in shifting the limelight to foreign policy and away from the economy, which statistics have shown may not be as weak as previously thought.

The Obama administration's stumbled reaction to the terrorist attack in Libya that killed the American ambassador and three other Americans gave the Romney campaign a shot in the arm.

The Republican candidate has consistently hammered away at Obama for allowing Iran to advance its program for nuclear capability, while Obama has tried to label Romney as a man who would risk dragging the United States into war at the expense of domestic needs.

Romney also said in a recent speech in the swing state of Virginia that Obama “has failed to lead in Syria.”

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 78   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Willard Mitt Romney's foreign policy was evident. "Let the Mormon Crackerbarrel Bandicoots eat your crackers. Vote for me. I can save you from the bandicoots, because I am Lord of Bandicoots, and can chase them away once they serve my purpose."

The Gospel of Mormon supremacy is full of Bandicoots.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
All companies have cut and cut some more and yet Profits are way down. DOW didnt like that to day. All retail down an average of 3.8%.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Willard Mitt Romney's performance proved that he borrowed his foreign policy from Dubya, while affirming the proven foreign policy of the current President.

Split-brain politics is the soup-du-jour of the Republic-con Party Party.

A comedy with soup and crackers, featuring Mormon Crackerbarrel Bandicoots.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
Willard's non-performance as the Republcan Party candidate, and switchover to the Democratic Party-affirming candidate, reveals his treachery. Like another 'W,' Willard has the election fix.

Datline October 18, 2012:

Oct. 18, 2012 If the Romney’s can’t win legally, they’ll take over Ohio’s electronic voting machines through investments, a direct conflict of interest in a contentious state in this election.

The new owners of Ohio’s voting machines under the brand name HART Intercivic is none other than Tagg Romney the son of one of the candidates Mitt Romney. In recent weeks Tagg has taken a more “active role in his father’s campaign management” but when you look further, he also has a major problem with that role.

By virtue of conflict of interest alone, this role should be investigated by the DOJ preferably involving the addition of the FBI, Homeland Security and the CIA to ensure this connection will not endanger the vote in Ohio and other states.

After all isn’t the security of an election both state and federal authorities responsibility to ensure the election is not stolen, tampered, or results altered?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
DOW is down 258 Points.....

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
We live in a world economy. Europe, the Middle East, and Asia all depend on a strong American economy. Those who wish us ill thrive when our economy is weak. We are in a weak economy and the turmoil in the middle east, and the pain in europe shows it. The Economy has everything to do with foreign policy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Dateline July 18, 2012 Regarding Willard's Cayman Island Enterprise

"Some tax experts are alarmed by Mitt Romney's apparent admission that Bain Capital set up offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands to help wealthy investors avoid paying U.S. taxes."

"He's basically admitting here that the Bain funds are set up in the Cayman Islands to help people avoid tax," said Rebecca Wilkins, senior counsel for federal tax policy at Citizens for Tax Justice, a nonprofit tax reform group. "If you want to cheat on your taxes, boy, they're making it really easy."

Caribbean yacht gamblers know how to bluff American voters.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
The American economy is foreign policy in the Cayman Islands, where Willard harbors his yacht and created his tax haven enterprise.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
I think a Governor running for President is always going to be weaker on foreign policy, simply because there's little opportunity to ever be involved in it. A sitting President or VP (or former VP, i.e. Richard Nixon) has a huge advantage.

Regardless of what one may think of positions, Obama had next to nothing in foreign policy experience in 2008, but now has 3.5 years under his belt, so he's definitely got the upper hand.

I'll hand it to him - his "fewer bayonets and horses" line was a doozy, and Romney set him up perfectly for it. I don't know if he'd had that in his back pocket waiting for an opportunity to use it or if he came up with it on the fly, but that was good.

On the other hand, this whole business of "the 1% that play by different sets of rules" bullshit was a clear play to the moronic masses. While pissing me off, I'm sure it made a lot of idiots pump their fists and cheer.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19562 posts)
Yes.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 78   End
TOPIC: Oct 22 2012 - Final Presidential Debate - Foreign Policy