Obamacare Rollout Delay : Swingers Discussion 224679
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObamacare Rollout Delay
TOPIC: Obamacare Rollout Delay
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Picture the barbarity, if President Romney unilaterally postponed the implementation of Obamacare for 1 year.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
My bad then, I was under the impression that the insurance requirement was based on the number of hours an employee worked, and not based on total employee count. Ie if you had an employee who you paid for more than 30 hours a week, you had to provide healthcare under the new law. Ergo my frustration at the article stating a delay for companies with over 50 employees.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
I'm not up on the numbers, but what you stated seems realistic.

It's sort of along the lines of my position on the whole thing in the first place - a huge amount of regulation, rules and taxes/spending that in the end will end up benefiting a relatively small number of people.

I posted a HuffPo article recently where the authors were pondering what young people were planning to do when the individual mandate comes into effect on Jan. 1. The authors contended most will simply ignore it. So what will the government do?

My daughter was over this afternoon. I asked her what she was planning to do about it. She had no idea what I was talking about. I suspect she's typical of most people her age.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
Well, lets inject a little reality into the discussion...

Only about 7% of companies with 50-199 employees do not offer health insurance to their employees.

That percentage drops to almost 0 when talking about the largest companies.

So we are talking about a small minority of companies being affected even when it is fully implemented...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
What?

The requirement only applied to businesses over 50 employees in the first place. Nobody has to do it come Jan. 1, 2014.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
That was my point, small businesses will have it fully implemented according to schedule, only larger businesses with more capitol to fund the crap get a delay.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
The requirement only applied to businesses with over 50 employees. 50 employees is still very much a "small business".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
It was delayed for businesses with over 50 employees. Guess they want to take out the small businessman first and then decide if we should fully implement this garbage.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
One of the battle cries of the box lunch, Wal Mart gift card, AstroTurf town hall thugs of 2010 was; "This is happening too fast, business needs more time to prepare and Obama is trying to shove this down our throats, and will NEVER give extensions or exemptions" The Administration assured them that was not the case, and adjustments would be made as needed. Now that the the Administration is keeping it's promise, the bingo hall and nursing home shills are gone, but their solicitors are the SAME people now complaining because Obama has done what they three years ago...claimed he never would ....and so it goes

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Picture the barbarity, if President Romney unilaterally postponed the implementation of Obamacare for 1 year.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Obamacare Rollout Delay