Obamacare Health Care For All - Almost : Swingers Discussion 2149871011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObamacare Health Care For All - Almost
TOPIC: Obamacare Health Care For All - Almost
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   11 to 20 of 87   End
User Details are only visible to members.
New customers?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"I don't believe it increases competition among companies"

How can 33 million new customer NOT increases competition among companies????

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
In the past, the companies in the exchanges were the same ones competeing in the open market. It sounds to me like that will be the case with this as well.

I don't believe it iincreases competition among companies, however I do believe it adds costs to the state administering the exchange. I believe that will lead to an increase in taxes to pay for the exchange.

Interesting to note that recent polls referenced on the local news stations last night indicate the majority of the people are against raising taxes and would like to see some spending cuts. Cuts aren't happening with the state senate and house under control by the Democrats, and us having a Democratic Governor. Who seemed more interested in pushing for same sex marriage during the State of the State Address than he did in discussing the financial issues of the state.

Guess finances aren't a big concern when you have never had to work for your money.

Guess the voters didn't realize what they voted for either.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Vacpl4...it will save us money in the long run by the MOST fundamental of all capitalist concepts.,Competition Added to the fact the the secretary of HHS (no matter WHAT party hold the white house) can bumb any company from any State exchange if they are not using the percentage of premiums for direct care required (80%?) or not making a good faith effort to hold down costs

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Minnesota increases bill for health insurance exchange by 25% in first year, 38% in second November 26, 2012 7:15 am by Stawicki, Elizabeth | 0 Comments

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Minnesota's state health insurance exchange will cost $54 million in 2015 to operate, according to the Gov. Mark Dayton administration.

The cost comes in at greater than earlier estimates of $30 to $40 million. The state would not have to find the money until 2015, when the state exchanges are required to be financially self-sustaining. But the cost rises to a projected $64 million in 2016. State officials are still weighing how the exchange will pay for itself. Options include user fees, a sin tax, and selling ads.

The exchange, a cornerstone of the federal health care overhaul, will create an insurance marketplace where consumers and small businesses can comparison shop for health insurance policies starting in October of next year. Coverage would take effect in 2014.

The Dayton administration also announced it will seek an additional $39 million to fund development of the state's exchange. If the federal government approve the additional grant, Minnesota will have received a total of about $110 million from the feds.

The new financial details emerged earlier this month when the state submitted its application for the exchange to the federal government.

Many states are behind in their plans for exchanges, and the Obama administration has already agreed to a request by Republican governors for more time to decide whether they'll build their own state exchange or use the federal alternative. The federal government extended that deadline to Dec. 14.

This story is part of a reporting partnership that includes Minnesota Public Radio, NPR and Kaiser Health News.

So this is going to save us money how????????

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Does this happen in your hospitals??? View of a young Doctor: Diagnosis, prognosis and cure in just three (3) short paragraphs !!! If you doubt any part of what Dr. Jones says, go visit your local hospital emergency room as an observer for an hour or so some Friday or Saturday night. Pictured below is a young physician by the name of Dr. Starner Jones. His short two-paragraph letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis". It's worth a quick read: Dear Mr. President: During my shift in theEmergency Roomlast night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ring tone. While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer. And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me." Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear. Respectfully, STARNER JONES, MD

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law Posted on 6 February, 2013

By Stephen Dinan

President Obama’s health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday. CBO said that this year’s tax cuts have changed the incentives for businesses and made it less attractive to pay for insurance, meaning fewer will decide to do so. Instead, they’ll choose to pay a penalty to the government, totaling $13 billion in higher fees over the next decade. But the non-partisan agency also expects fewer people to have to pay individual penalties to the IRS than it earlier projects, because of a better method for calculating incomes that found more people will be exempt. Overall, the new health provisions are expected to cost the government $1.165 trillion over the next decade — the same as last year’s projection. With other spending cuts and tax increases called for in the health law, though, CBO still says Mr. Obama’s signature achievement will reduce budget deficits in the short term. During the health care debate Mr. Obama had said individuals would be able to keep their plans.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
pp: It is not my statement, it is the IRS's.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Havingfun..mark's statement was.....If you have a job then expect to pay $20,000 at the minimum for your family's health care thanks to Obamacare"

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Just FYI, Insurance exchanges are not new to MN.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   11 to 20 of 87   End
TOPIC: Obamacare Health Care For All - Almost