Obama touts middle-class task force lead by Biden : Swingers Discussion 123043
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama touts middle-class task force lead by Biden
TOPIC: Obama touts middle-class task force lead by Biden
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
roflmao!

What, nobody in his administration is middle-class or has any idea of what those 'middle-class' people do????

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Having:

If Obama is setting up his own brown shirts, I have one question... How much more than 8.25 USD an hour are they paying?

Loyalty in a capitalist nation is bought, if the right cannot accept this fact, than you ought to reexamine your own propaganda.

At this point, business has shown me no loyalty and has not padded my pockets, fed me, clothed me, or otherwise provided for my needs or wants. A state and federal minimum wage law has.

As such, the state and the federal government has forced my employers to provide what scrapes that they have. All men's loyalty is to who pays better, that is the capitalist way.

I strongly suggest that the businessman starts to pay better. :-)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
"As far as I'm concerned, this administration is fully responsible for the deterioration of the middle class. "

Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of it's stated intent.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17109 posts)
"The average American family is spending an extra $40 per month on food under Obama, according to data from the Department of Agriculture. Gas prices have also skyrocketed since 2008. College tuition, meanwhile, has jumped 25 percent. Health care costs continue to rise. Americans are struggling to manage their day-to-day expenses, leading many to abandon the savings that have been an entryway to the middle class. Nearly 1 in 4 Americans have reported no savings, a five percent jump since Obama took office. Nearly half of all Americans—49.1 percent—received some form of government assistance in 2011, including unemployment, Medicaid, and welfare. Food stamp recipients jumped 45 percent over the past three years. Means-tested government transfer payments can act as marginal tax increase, studies show. Median income has plummeted since the start of the recession. Wages remain stagnant. The average household has lost $4,300 from its annual income since Obama took office. Average wealth fell 40 percent during the weakened recovery. Nearly one in three mortgages are now underwater. "

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
What is it with Texas guys and Grandpa jeans? Costco or Sam's having a buy one get two free sale?

But you must take an ass pic to qualify for the rebate?

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2114 posts)
You mean the way Regan and Romney just embrace them with tax breaks and relate to them?

The rich folks in power have mind control over you guys, like Deebo.

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2114 posts)
Owe-bama would not know a middle class person from a hole in the ground.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
"Lead" is pronounced like "led" but is a heavy metal.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I agree M. He just said that the people are behind him and his idea,,He forgot to say the free loaders and illegals huh?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4993 posts)
As far as I'm concerned, this administration is fully responsible for the deterioration of the middle class.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
The forgotten Middle Class:

"The central challenge of Obama's second term is whether he can keep that founder’s "promise" to working Americans. It won't be easy, and in an era of divided government and amid cries for austerity and budget cuts, it does not seem likely that the president will offer sweeping new proposals to do so. The administration has said that its top two priorities at the outset of its second term are immigration reform and gun control. Despite an ongoing jobs crisis, creating quality jobs seems to have fallen a few slots on the president's to-do list.

As Obama implicitly acknowledged, the American middle class has fallen on hard times, saddled with historic levels of debt, skyrocketing health care costs and flat wages. By most accounts, middle-class Americans are no better off than they were when the president took office in 2009, in the wake of an unprecedented financial crisis and in the midst of the Great Recession.

The arithmetic is stark. Median household income is lower than when Obama took office, according to Census Bureau data -- lower even than when President Bill Clinton left office in 2001. The middle 60 percent of households -- those earning between $20,262 and $101,582 -- captured a smaller share of aggregate income in 2011 than they did in 2009, while the top fifth, which already made more than the other groups combined, captured more. Surveys of public opinion reveal a middle class that is smaller, poorer and less optimistic than ever. And although the unemployment rate fitfully has fallen below 8 percent for the first time since Obama's 2009 inauguration, most new jobs are too low-paying to sustain middle-class families.

The Great Recession technically ended halfway through 2009, but the economic recovery of the past few years is replacing office workers, real estate brokers and insurance claims adjusters with retail salespeople, restaurant workers and warehouse hands.

Mid-wage jobs -- ones with median hourly wages ranging from $13.84 to $21.13 -- accounted for 60 percent of the jobs lost during the recession, according to an analysis by the National Employment Law Project, a worker advocacy group. During the recovery since then, mid-wage jobs have represented just 22 percent of growth. Jobs earning less than $13.84 per hour made up 58 percent of recovery growth, according to the NELP.

The president pledged during his 2008 campaign that by 2011 he would have the minimum wage raised to $9.50 and pegged to inflation, a move that worker advocates have clamored for for years, claiming it would help raise the wage floor for the working poor and the middle class. But the federal minimum wage remains $7.25 per hour, well below a living wage in most areas."

huffingtonpost.c om/2013/01/14/obama-jobs-plan_n_2450429.h tml

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Obama touts middle-class task force lead by Biden