Obama pushes universal preschool proposal : Swingers Discussion 2170941081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama pushes universal preschool proposal
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 104   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Not so blatantly (or exclusively), but I've seen it used as a means of advancing kids to the next grade when they haven't even met the minimum standard for the grade they are currently in. This actually happened with my ex-step son. He's a grade ahead of my daughter. He essentially failed I think it was 3rd and 5th grades but was advanced to the next grade because the teachers felt that it would be embarrassing to him to take the same classes as his younger sister. In both cases, NCLB was cited as one of the reasons why. Now maybe they were just blowing smoke up my ass, or maybe they don't even know what the hell it's about, but I've had educators refer to NCLB twice as justification for not holding a kid back.

I also know that it also has a lot to do with standardized tests that schools are required to administer, which is another reason for it to get the axe since teachers are more or less forced to teach the material on the test rather than actually teaching the kids how to do the work themselves. Getting kids to memorize a couple of historical facts and math problems isn't really teaching them anything. And if I'm not mistaken, funding for the schools is tied to the results of the tests. It's a broken system that I'm not sure ever really worked to begin with.

I'm sure there's probably a lot more to it. I've never really read up on it other than what I've experienced 1st hand and just some general knowledge picked up along the way.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
It is a misconception that No Child Left Behind program puts kids through even if they fail. That is not what the program means :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
Sad part is people have no common sense and believe the money magically falls from the MONEY TREE.

~~~~~

You spelled SUPER PAC wrong.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
"By the time they are 25 years old 95%+ of all males that were in Head Start are dead or in prison. "

Sometimes it's amusing to google a line from one of Mark's ridiculous posts, to see what nutjobs composed it for him. This one needs no investigation.

Mark, someday you should try looking for information, rather than having someone else's nonsense spoon-fed to you. After a while you learn to distinguish them and recognize nonsense. It's the stuff that makes no sense.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
LOL @ 95% of kids in Head Start grow up to drop out of school, be criminals and/or die. Care to back that one up?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
There should have been a drinking game for every time he said invest during the speech. What a clever way to say spend more money.

So he really is not spending money, he is investing~~LMFAO!

Sad part is people have no common sense and believe the money magically falls from the money tree.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Don't worry he said it would not raise the deficit any.LOL

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
They never seem to have a problem raising or finding money in Washington when they want to get fucking elected.

It's a shame this didn't come up in November when everyone had their wallet open.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
Investing = Spend Money, grow federal government

At some point the spending must stop.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Sieg Heil Obama!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 104   End
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal